Affiliation: Imperial College
- Randomised trials of 6% tetrastarch (hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 or 0.42) for severe sepsis reporting mortality: systematic review and meta-analysisAmit Patel
Centre for Perioperative Medicine and Critical Care Research, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Intensive Care Med 39:811-22. 2013..To assess the impact of 6% tetrastarch [hydroxyethyl starch (HES) 130/0.4 and 130/0.42] in severe sepsis patients. The primary outcome measure was 90-day mortality...
- Acute starvation in pregnancy: a cause of severe metabolic acidosisA Patel
Department of Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthesia, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Int J Obstet Anesth 20:253-6. 2011..Electrolyte supplementation was given to prevent re-feeding syndrome. Both mother and baby were discharged without sequelae...
- Placental MRI in intrauterine fetal growth restrictionM Damodaram
Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Placenta 31:491-8. 2010....
- A potential novel marker for human prostate cancer: voltage-gated sodium channel expression in vivoJ K J Diss
Department of Biological Sciences, Neuroscience Solutions to Cancer Research Group, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London, UK
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 8:266-73. 2005..It is concluded that VGSCalpha expression increases significantly in CaP in vivo and that Nav1.7 is a potential functional diagnostic marker...
- Objective sizing of upper airway stenosis: a quantitative endoscopic approachS A R Nouraei
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Laryngoscope 116:12-7. 2006..Accurate airway sizing throughout treatment is therefore central to managing this condition. We developed a method for objective assessment of airway lesions during endoscopy...