Affiliation: Imperial College
- Filaggrin mutations in children with severe atopic dermatitisNilesh Morar
National Heart and Lung Institute, Molecular Genetics Division, Imperial College, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 127:1667-72. 2007..Our results provide further confirmation of the importance of mutations in FLG and the skin barrier in AD pathogenesis. The results indicate that investigations of other genes within the EDC should be undertaken...
- HIV-associated psoriasis: pathogenesis, clinical features, and managementNilesh Morar
Department of Dermatology, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 10:470-8. 2010..Conventional systemic treatments might be contraindicated or need dose adjustment to avoid toxicity. New biological treatments in this setting are promising and warrant further study...
- Atopic dermatitis: insights from linkage overlap and disease co-morbiditySaffron A G Willis-Owen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Guy Scadding Building, Dovehouse St, London, SW3 6LY, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 9:1-13. 2007....
- The psoriatic transcriptome closely resembles that induced by interleukin-1 in cultured keratinocytes: dominance of innate immune responses in psoriasisJohn B Mee
St John s Institute of Dermatology, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Am J Pathol 171:32-42. 2007..These findings suggest that the inflammatory milieu in the epidermal microenvironment in psoriasis is more likely dependent on evolutionarily ancient cytokines such as IL-1, rather than those of the adaptive immune response...
- Investigation of the chromosome 17q25 PSORS2 locus in atopic dermatitisNilesh Morar
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Invest Dermatol 126:603-6. 2006..Haplotype analysis revealed no significant associations in either population. These results suggest that the psoriasis candidate genes do not account for previously observed linkage of the 17q25 PSORS2 locus to AD...
- The genetics of atopic dermatitisNilesh Morar
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:24-34; quiz 35-6. 2006..This will aid disease-defining criteria and focused therapies for AD...