Alastair J Moore
Affiliation: Imperial College
- General medicineA J Moore
Royal Brompton Hospital, London
J R Army Med Corps 150:278-86. 2004
- Diaphragm weakness as a cause of breathlessness after anatomically distant surgeryA J Moore
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP, UK
Thorax 60:786-7. 2005..The case histories are presented of two patients in whom breathlessness developed following surgery to an anatomically distant site. Respiratory muscle testing demonstrated diaphragm weakness in both patients...
- Passive properties of the diaphragm in COPDAlastair J Moore
Respiratory Muscle Laboratory, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart Lung Institute, London SW3 6NP, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 101:1400-5. 2006..This may assist the muscle with the energetic changes in the length of the diaphragm required during breathing in COPD...
- Malignant mesotheliomaAlastair J Moore
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Wexham Park Hospital, Wexham, Slough, Berkshire, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 3:34. 2008..Compensation issues must also be considered. Life expectancy in malignant mesothelioma is poor, with a median survival of about one year following diagnosis...
- Sniff nasal inspiratory pressure versus IC/TLC ratio as predictors of mortality in COPDAlastair J Moore
Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP, UK
Respir Med 104:1319-25. 2010..We therefore compared the SnIP to the inspiratory capacity-to-total lung capacity (IC/TLC) ratio as predictors of mortality in advanced COPD...
- Quadriceps strength predicts mortality in patients with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseElisabeth B Swallow
Respiratory Muscle Laboratory, Royal Brompton Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6NP, UK
Thorax 62:115-20. 2007..Prognosis in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is poorly predicted by indices of air flow obstruction, because other factors that reflect the systemic nature of the disease also influence prognosis...
- Unilateral extrapulmonary airway bypass in advanced emphysemaAlastair J Moore
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 89:899-906, 906.e1-2. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that a direct connection between the lung parenchyma and the atmosphere could increase expiratory flow and thereby potentially improve dyspnea through the relief of gas trapping...
- A novel technique for nonvolitional assessment of quadriceps muscle endurance in humansE B Swallow
Respiratory Muscle Laboratory, Royal Brompton Hospital, Fulham Rd, London SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:739-46. 2007..68, P = 0.004) and CS-to-PFK ratio (CS/PFK) (r = 0.67, P = 0.005). We conclude that quadriceps endurance assessed using rMS is feasible in clinical studies...
- Physiological properties of human diaphragm muscle fibres and the effect of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseAlison K Stubbings
Molecular Medicine Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J Physiol 586:2637-50. 2008....