Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Influence of respiratory variables on the on-line detection of exhaled trace gases by PTR-MSPiers R Boshier
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Section of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London SW10 9NH, UK
Thorax 66:919-20. 2011..Our results support the adoption of standardised practices for breath gas analysis by on-line and real time mass spectrometry methods...
- The biology of exhaled nitric oxide (NO) in ischemia-reperfusion-induced lung injury: a tale of dynamism of NO production and consumptionNandor Marczin
Department of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London
Vascul Pharmacol 43:415-24. 2005....
- Exhaled nitric oxide as biomarker of acute lung injury: an unfulfilled promise?Piers R Boshier
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London UK
J Breath Res 7:017118. 2013..We provide a snapshot of current status of exhaled NO field in ALI and propose a framework for definite evaluation of exhaled NO as a clinically useful biomarker...
- Redox regulation following cardiac ischemia and reperfusionNandor Marczin
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anaesthetics, Imperial College, Faculty of Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute at the Heart Institute, Harefield Hospital, Middlesex, UK
Coron Artery Dis 14:123-33. 2003
- Redox regulation of p38 MAPK activation and expression of ICAM-1 and heme oxygenase-1 in human alveolar epithelial (A549) cellsRuth E Bundy
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Heart Science Centre, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, UK
Antioxid Redox Signal 7:14-24. 2005..Whereas NF-kappaB appears crucial in ICAM-1 induction, p38 activation itself is not sufficient to confer HO-1 expression and may not be involved in HO-1 and ICAM-1 induction in A549 cells...
- In vitro endothelial cell activation and inflammatory responses in end-stage heart failureGinette S Hoare
Imperial College London, Heart Science Centre, Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex UB9 6JH, UK
J Appl Physiol 101:1466-73. 2006..Aim: to determine whether the serum from patients with heart failure possesses a net proinflammatory bioactivity to active proinflammatory pathways in cultured endothelial cells...
- Effects of inhaled carbon monoxide on acute lung injury in miceSubhamay Ghosh
Dept of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Rd, London SW10 9NH, UK
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L1003-9. 2005..Thus the results do not support the hypothesis that use of inhaled CO is beneficial in the treatment of ALI and ARDS...
- Dynamics of nitroglycerin-induced exhaled nitric oxide after lung transplantation: evidence of pulmonary microvascular injury?Janos Gal
Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:1300-5. 2007....
- Characterization of TNF receptor subtype expression and signaling on pulmonary endothelial cells in miceSzabolcs Bertok
Section of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L781-9. 2011..It is possible that the importance of the individual receptors varies at different stages of pulmonary microvascular inflammation following changes in their relative expression...
- Direct effects of apelin on cardiomyocyte contractility and electrophysiologyKlára Farkasfalvi
Heart Science Centre, Laboratory of Cell Electrophysiology, NHLI, Imperial College London, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex UB9 6JH, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:889-95. 2007..One of the mechanisms involved in the inotropic effect may be an increased myofilament sensitivity to Ca(2+) as apelin enhanced the activity of NHE with consequent intracellular alkalinization...
- Antioxidants in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury: therapeutic potential and basic mechanismsNandor Marczin
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute at the Heart Science Centre, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex UB9 6JH, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 420:222-36. 2003....