Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Imperial Cancer Research Fund
- The cohesin complex: sequence homologies, interaction networks and shared motifsS Jones
Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Genome Biol 2:RESEARCH0009. 2001..The exact function of these proteins is unknown...
- Genetic interactions in yeast between Ypt GTPases and Arf guanine nucleotide exchangersS Jones
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genetics 152:1543-56. 1999..The genetic interactions observed between Arf GEFs and Ypt GTPases suggest the existence of a Ypt-Arf GTPase cascade in the secretory pathway...
- HTHquery: a method for detecting DNA-binding proteins with a helix-turn-helix structural motifC Ferrer-Costa
Molecular Modelling and Bioinformatics, IRBB Parc Cientific de Barcelona, UB, Josep Samitier, 1 5 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Bioinformatics 21:3679-80. 2005..From the training set used, the predictor has a true positive rate of 83.5% and a false positive rate of 0.8%. The emphasis for the website is on providing a straightforward interface which can be easily used by a bench-based scientist...
- Structural requirements for adhesion of soluble recombinant murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 to alpha 4 beta 1M E Renz
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Cell Biol 125:1395-406. 1994..Although these residues, identified as crucial for cell adhesion, are all located in domain 1, it is evident that there is a structural requirement for domains 1 and 2 to be intact so that cell adhesive function can occur...
- Dopamine-dependent long term potentiation in the dorsal striatum is reduced in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington's diseaseV W S Kung
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, Anatomy School, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Neuroscience 146:1571-80. 2007..As dopamine-dependent plasticity is a proposed model of striatum-based motor and cognitive functions, this impairment could contribute to deficits seen in R6/2 mice...
- The genome of black cottonwood, Populus trichocarpa (Torr. & Gray)G A Tuskan
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Science 313:1596-604. 2006..Overrepresented exceptions in Populus include genes associated with lignocellulosic wall biosynthesis, meristem development, disease resistance, and metabolite transport...
- A functional genomic analysis of cell morphology using RNA interferenceA A Kiger
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol 2:27. 2003..With the advent of RNA-interference (RNAi) technology, it is now possible to screen systematically for genes controlling specific cell-biological processes, including those required to generate distinct morphologies...
- Casein kinase ii (protein kinase ck2) regulates serotonin 5-ht(3) receptor channel function in ng108-15 cellsS Jones
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, P O Box 12233, 27709, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Neuroscience 119:629-34. 2003....
- Protein-RNA interactions: a structural analysisS Jones
Biomolecular Structure and Modelling Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 29:943-54. 2001....
- The TRAPP complex is a nucleotide exchanger for Ypt1 and Ypt31/32S Jones
Department of Biological Sciences, Laboratory for Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:4403-11. 2000..These data suggest the exciting possibility that a GEF complex common to Ypt1 and Ypt31/32 might coordinate the function of these GTPases in entry into and exit from the Golgi...
- Mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1: a structural and functional analysis demarcates the integrin binding motifJ L Viney
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 157:2488-97. 1996..These observations suggest that the amino acid residues LDT on MAdCAM-1 play a role in the interaction with alpha 4 beta 7 in cell adherence and cell activation...
- Mammalian SNM1 is required for genome stabilityA W Hemphill
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Genet Metab 94:38-45. 2008..Further, mono-ubiquitination of FANCD2, an endpoint of the FA pathway, is not disturbed by depletion of hSNM1 in normal cells. Thus, hSNM1 appears to represent a second pathway for genome stability, distinct from the FA pathway...