Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Imperial Cancer Research Fund
- The cohesin complex: sequence homologies, interaction networks and shared motifsS Jones
Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Genome Biol 2:RESEARCH0009. 2001..The exact function of these proteins is unknown...
- Genetic interactions in yeast between Ypt GTPases and Arf guanine nucleotide exchangersS Jones
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genetics 152:1543-56. 1999..The genetic interactions observed between Arf GEFs and Ypt GTPases suggest the existence of a Ypt-Arf GTPase cascade in the secretory pathway...
- HTHquery: a method for detecting DNA-binding proteins with a helix-turn-helix structural motifC Ferrer-Costa
Molecular Modelling and Bioinformatics, IRBB-Parc Cientific de Barcelona, UB, Josep Samitier, 1-5 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Bioinformatics 21:3679-80. 2005..AVAILABILITY: HTHquery is implemented using a set of Perl scripts and C program and can be accessed freely on the website http://www.ebi.ac.uk/thornton-srv/databases/HTHquery...
- Structural requirements for adhesion of soluble recombinant murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 to alpha 4 beta 1M E Renz
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Cell Biol 125:1395-406. 1994..Although these residues, identified as crucial for cell adhesion, are all located in domain 1, it is evident that there is a structural requirement for domains 1 and 2 to be intact so that cell adhesive function can occur...
- Dopamine-dependent long term potentiation in the dorsal striatum is reduced in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington's diseaseV W S Kung
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, Anatomy School, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Neuroscience 146:1571-80. 2007..As dopamine-dependent plasticity is a proposed model of striatum-based motor and cognitive functions, this impairment could contribute to deficits seen in R6/2 mice...
- The genome of black cottonwood, Populus trichocarpa (Torr. & Gray)G A Tuskan
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Science 313:1596-604. 2006..Overrepresented exceptions in Populus include genes associated with lignocellulosic wall biosynthesis, meristem development, disease resistance, and metabolite transport...
- A functional genomic analysis of cell morphology using RNA interferenceA A Kiger
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol 2:27. 2003..Some genes exhibited similar RNAi phenotypes in both cell types, while others appeared to have cell-type-specific functions, in part reflecting the different mechanisms used to generate a round or a flat cell morphology...
- Casein kinase ii (protein kinase ck2) regulates serotonin 5-ht(3) receptor channel function in ng108-15 cellsS Jones
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, P.O. Box 12233, 27709, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Neuroscience 119:629-34. 2003....
- Protein-RNA interactions: a structural analysisS Jones
Biomolecular Structure and Modelling Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 29:943-54. 2001....
- The TRAPP complex is a nucleotide exchanger for Ypt1 and Ypt31/32S Jones
Department of Biological Sciences, Laboratory for Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:4403-11. 2000..These data suggest the exciting possibility that a GEF complex common to Ypt1 and Ypt31/32 might coordinate the function of these GTPases in entry into and exit from the Golgi...
- Mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1: a structural and functional analysis demarcates the integrin binding motifJ L Viney
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 157:2488-97. 1996..These observations suggest that the amino acid residues LDT on MAdCAM-1 play a role in the interaction with alpha 4 beta 7 in cell adherence and cell activation...
- Mammalian SNM1 is required for genome stabilityA W Hemphill
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Genet Metab 94:38-45. 2008..Further, mono-ubiquitination of FANCD2, an endpoint of the FA pathway, is not disturbed by depletion of hSNM1 in normal cells. Thus, hSNM1 appears to represent a second pathway for genome stability, distinct from the FA pathway...