P W Ind
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Adjustable and fixed dosing with budesonide/ formoterol via a single inhaler in asthma patients: the ASSURE studyP W Ind
Respiratory Medicine, Clinical Investigation Unit, National Heart and Lung Institute, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Respir Med 98:464-75. 2004..Consistent with current guidelines, adjustable maintenance dosing with budesonide/formoterol in a single inhaler provides effective asthma control at reduced medication doses...
- Safety of formoterol by Turbuhaler as reliever medication compared with terbutaline in moderate asthmaP W Ind
Respiratory Medicine Unit, ICSM at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Eur Respir J 20:859-66. 2002..5 microg as needed was at least as safe, well tolerated and effective as terbutaline 0.5 mg in stable patients (requiring up to 6 relief inhalations x day(-1)) taking formoterol plus inhaled corticosteroids regularly over 12 weeks...
- Early clinical investigation of Viozan (sibenadet HCl), a novel D2 dopamine receptor, beta2-adrenoceptor agonist for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symptomsP W Ind
National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
Respir Med 97:S9-21. 2003..Sibenadet therapy was well tolerated with an adverse events profile comparable to current bronchodilator therapy. These data were viewed as extremely encouraging, warranting further, large-scale clinical investigation...
- Addition of salmeterol to fluticasone propionate treatment in moderate-to-severe asthmaP W Ind
Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London, UK
Respir Med 97:555-62. 2003..There was no evidence of tolerance and a low incidence of exacerbations in all treatment groups...
- Methotrexate therapy of oral corticosteroid-dependent asthmatics reduces serum immunoglobulins: correlation with clinical response to therapyC J Corrigan
Guy s, King s and St Thomas, London, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 35:579-84. 2005..In a previous report, we showed that MTX increases T cell inhibition by CS. In this report we focus on effects of MTX on immunoglobulin concentrations and their possible clinical relevance...
- Concurrent therapy (long acting beta agonists and inhaled corticosteroids) in the management of asthmaJ A Saleh
School of Postgraduate Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Niger J Med 15:359-63. 2006..Patients often require long-term anti-inflammatory and reliever drugs to achieve a normal life. This review aims to highlight role of concurrent therapy in the optimal management of asthma...
- Methotrexate therapy in asthma increases T cell susceptibility to corticosteroid inhibitionC J Corrigan
Guy s, King s and St Thomas Imperial College Schools of Medicine, London, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1090-6. 2003..We hypothesized that MTX therapy of these patients increases the susceptibility of their T cells to corticosteroid inhibition...
- Sputum inductionP L Paggiaro
Cardiothoracic Dept, Cisanello Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Eur Respir J Suppl 37:3s-8s. 2002
- Inhaled allergen-driven CD1c up-regulation and enhanced antigen uptake by activated human respiratory-tract dendritic cells in atopic asthmaN E McCarthy
Antigen Presentation Research Group, Imperial College London, Northwick Park and St Mark s Campus, Middlesex, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 37:72-82. 2007..Recent data suggest that CD1 antigen presentation by hRTDC may contribute to asthma pathogenesis...
- COPD disease progression and airway inflammation: uncoupled by smoking cessationP W Ind
Eur Respir J 26:764-6. 2005