Genomes and Genes
Clive J Hoggart
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Genome-wide significance for dense SNP and resequencing dataClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London, UK
Genet Epidemiol 32:179-85. 2008..We compare our results for sequence data to those derived by the HapMap Consortium and find notable differences which may be due to the small sample sizes used in the HapMap estimate...
- Simultaneous analysis of all SNPs in genome-wide and re-sequencing association studiesClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 4:e1000130. 2008....
- Fregene: simulation of realistic sequence-level data in populations and ascertained samplesMarc Chadeau-Hyam
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 9:364. 2008..We describe here main functionalities of both FREGENE and SAMPLE, a companion program that can replicate association study datasets...
- Sequence-level population simulations over large genomic regionsClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Genetics 177:1725-31. 2007....
- Genome-wide association study reveals multiple loci associated with primary tooth development during infancyDemetris Pillas
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 6:e1000856. 2010..Genes at four of the identified loci are implicated in the development of cancer. A variant within the HOXB gene cluster associated with occlusion defects requiring orthodontic treatment by age 31 years...
- Fine-scale estimation of location of birth from genome-wide single-nucleotide polymorphism dataClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Imperial College, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Genetics 190:669-77. 2012..A method with such accuracy is potentially valuable in population genetics and forensics...
- MultiPhen: joint model of multiple phenotypes can increase discovery in GWASPaul F O'Reilly
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e34861. 2012....
- Control of confounding of genetic associations in stratified populationsClive J Hoggart
Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Umited Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 72:1492-1504. 2003..With only 32 markers informative for ancestry, the efficiency of the analysis is 70%. These methods can deal with both confounding and selection bias in genetic-association studies, making family-based designs unnecessary...
- Assessing the relative ages of admixture in the bovine hybrid zones of Africa and the Near East using X chromosome haplotype mosaicismAbigail R Freeman
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity Colege, Dublin, Ireland
Genetics 173:1503-10. 2006....