Mike J Crawford
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Screening and brief interventions for hazardous alcohol use in accident and emergency departments: a randomised controlled trial protocolSimon Coulton
Centre for Health Service Studies, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 9:114. 2009..Further the majority of primary research has been conducted in single centre and there is little evidence of the wider issues of generalisability and implementation of brief interventions across emergency departments...
- Systematic review of involving patients in the planning and development of health careMike J Crawford
Primary Care and Population Health Sciences, Imperial College, Charing Cross Campus, London W6 8RP, UK
BMJ 325:1263. 2002..To examine the effects of involving patients in the planning and development of health care...
- User involvement in the planning and delivery of mental health services: a cross-sectional survey of service users and providersM J Crawford
Department of Public Mental Health, Imperial College, London, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 107:410-4. 2003..To identify methods for involving service users in the planning and delivery of psychiatric services and factors which may assist and impede this process...
- Use of qualitative research methods in general medicine and psychiatry: publication trends in medical journals 1990-2000Mike J Crawford
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
Int J Soc Psychiatry 49:308-11. 2003
- Group art therapy as an adjunctive treatment for people with schizophrenia: multicentre pragmatic randomised trialMike J Crawford
Centre for Mental Health, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, Claybrook Centre, London W6 8LN, UK
BMJ 344:e846. 2012..To evaluate the clinical effectiveness of group art therapy for people with schizophrenia and to test whether any benefits exceed those of an active control treatment...
- Provision and practice of art therapy for people with schizophrenia: results of a national surveySue Patterson
Faculty of Medicine, Centre for Mental Health, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Ment Health 20:328-35. 2011..Art therapy has been recommended as a treatment for people with psychosis. However, little is known about the availability, organisation or delivery of art therapy within NHS settings...
- Job satisfaction and burnout among staff working in community-based personality disorder servicesMike J Crawford
Mental Health Services Research, Department of Psychological Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Claybrook Centre, 37 Claybrook Road, London, UK
Int J Soc Psychiatry 56:196-206. 2010..To examine levels of burnout among staff working in community-based services for people with personality disorder (PD) and to explore factors which add to or lower the risk of burnout among people working in such services...
- Dedicated community-based services for adults with personality disorder: Delphi studyMike J Crawford
Department of Psychological Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 193:342-3. 2008..Further work needs to be undertaken before the optimal organisation of dedicated personality disorder services can be agreed...
- Selecting outcome measures in mental health: the views of service usersMike J Crawford
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Centre for Mental Health, London, UK
J Ment Health 20:336-46. 2011..Little is known about service users' views of measures used to evaluate treatments in mental health...
- An examination of the factors that influence costs in medical patients with health anxietyBarbara Barrett
Centre for the Economics of Mental and Physical Health, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Psychosom Res 73:59-62. 2012..To measure and document the total service cost of patients with health anxiety and to investigate the statistical association between costs and patient characteristics, levels of anxiety and other clinical characteristics...
- Sexual activity among patients in psychiatric hospital wardsJames Warner
Department of Psychiatry, Imperial College London, UK
J R Soc Med 97:477-9. 2004..Staff questionnaires suggested levels of sexual activity congruent with patient reports. This survey underlines the conflict between an individual's right to sexual expression and the need to protect vulnerable patients...
- Patients or partners? Case studies of user involvement in the planning and delivery of adult mental health services in LondonDeborah Rutter
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College London, 20 South Wharf Road, Paddington, London W2 1PD, UK
Soc Sci Med 58:1973-84. 2004..Suggestions are made about the direction of future strategies to improve UI...
- The MATISSE study: a randomised trial of group art therapy for people with schizophreniaMike J Crawford
Centre for Mental Health, Imperial College, Claybrook Road London, W6 8LN, UK
BMC Psychiatry 10:65. 2010..The MATISSE study aims to evaluate the clinical and cost effectiveness of group Art Therapy for people with schizophrenia...
- The great divide: a qualitative investigation of factors influencing researcher access to potential randomised controlled trial participants in mental health settingsSue Patterson
Department of Psychological Medicine, Imperial College, London, Claybrook Centre, London, UK
J Ment Health 19:532-41. 2010..Questions have been asked about the match between study samples and real-world clinical patients and the impact this has on generalisability of findings...
- Assessing the severity of borderline personality disorderPaul Moran
Paul Moran, MD, Health Services and Population Research Department, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London Mike J Crawford, MD, Centre for Mental Health, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 203:163-4. 2013..This index could usefully guide treatment planning, but other contextual factors should also determine the need for specialist treatment. ..
- Brief intervention for alcohol misuse in people attending sexual health clinics: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialRahil Sanatinia
Centre for Mental Health, Imperial College, London, UK
Trials 13:149. 2012....
- Providing continuity of care for people with severe mental illness- a narrative reviewMike J Crawford
Imperial College, London, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:265-72. 2004..We reviewed literature on continuity of care for people with severe mental illness (SMI) in order to identify factors that promote and impede this process...
- Impact of screening for risk of suicide: randomised controlled trialMike J Crawford
Reader in Mental Health Services Research, Centre for Mental Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Claybrook Centre, 37 Claybrook Road, London W6 8LN, UK
Br J Psychiatry 198:379-84. 2011..Concerns have been expressed about the impact that screening for risk of suicide may have on a person's mental health...
- Cost-effectiveness of screening and referral to an alcohol health worker in alcohol misusing patients attending an accident and emergency department: a decision-making approachBarbara Barrett
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Box P024, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Drug Alcohol Depend 81:47-54. 2006....