R L Carhart-Harris
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Experienced drug users assess the relative harms and benefits of drugs: a web-based surveyRobin Lester Carhart-Harris
Imperial College London, Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, London, UK
J Psychoactive Drugs 45:322-8. 2013..g., as tools to assist psychotherapy). These results provide a useful insight into the opinions of experienced drug users on a subject about which they have a rare and intimate knowledge...
- Functional connectivity measures after psilocybin inform a novel hypothesis of early psychosisRobin L Carhart-Harris
To whom correspondence should be addressed Imperial College London, Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, Burlington Danes Building, 160 Du Cane Rd, London, UK
Schizophr Bull 39:1343-51. 2013..We suggest that this orthogonality is compromised in early psychosis, explaining similarities between its phenomenology and that of the psychedelic state and supporting the utility of psilocybin as a model of early psychosis. ..
- Implications for psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy: functional magnetic resonance imaging study with psilocybinR L Carhart-Harris
Imperial College London, Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, 5th Floor, Burlington Danes Building, 160 Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Br J Psychiatry 200:238-44. 2012..Psilocybin is a classic psychedelic drug that has a history of use in psychotherapy. One of the rationales for its use was that it aids emotional insight by lowering psychological defences...
- The default-mode, ego-functions and free-energy: a neurobiological account of Freudian ideasR L Carhart-Harris
Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London, W12 ONN, UK
Brain 133:1265-83. 2010....
- The administration of psilocybin to healthy, hallucinogen-experienced volunteers in a mock-functional magnetic resonance imaging environment: a preliminary investigation of tolerabilityRobin L Carhart-Harris
Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, Division of Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 25:1562-7. 2011..With appropriate care, this study supports the viability of functional magnetic resonance imaging work with psilocybin...
- A web-based survey on mephedroneR L Carhart-Harris
Imperial College London, Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, UK
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:19-22. 2011..This study sought to collect information on the former legal-high 'mephedrone' using a web-based survey targeted at mephedrone users...
- The effect of acutely administered MDMA on subjective and BOLD-fMRI responses to favourite and worst autobiographical memoriesR L Carhart-Harris
Division of Brain Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, London, UK
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 17:527-40. 2014..These findings are consistent with a positive emotional-bias likely mediated by MDMA's pro-monoaminergic pharmacology. ..