Affiliation: Imperial College
- Review of processing and analysis methods for DNA methylation array dataC S Wilhelm-Benartzi
Epigenetics Unit, Division of Cancer, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Faculty of Medicine, Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre, Imperial College London, 4th Floor IRDB, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Br J Cancer 109:1394-402. 2013....
- Cytokeratin 18 in plasma of patients with gastrointestinal adenocarcinoma as a biomarker of tumour responseL C Scott
Centre for Oncology and Applied Pharmacology, University of Glasgow, Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Br J Cancer 101:410-7. 2009..Measurement of caspase-cleaved (CK18-Asp396) or total cytokeratin 18 (CK18) from epithelial-derived tumours could be a simple, non-invasive way to monitor or predict responses to treatment...
- Aberrant DNA methylation at genes associated with a stem cell-like phenotype in cholangiocarcinoma tumorsRuethairat Sriraksa
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, IRDB Building, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom Phone 44 0 2075 941804 Fax 44 0 2075 942129 and Temduang Limpaiboon, Centre for Research and Development of Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:1348-55. 2013..These data have implications for cholangiocarcinogenesis, as well as possible novel treatment options using histone methyltransferase inhibitors...
- Methylation Linear Discriminant Analysis (MLDA) for identifying differentially methylated CpG islandsWei Dai
Ovarian Cancer Action Centre and Section of Epigenetics, Department of Oncology, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 9:337. 2008..We have therefore developed a novel algorithm tailored to this type of data, Methylation Linear Discriminant Analysis (MLDA)...
- Promoter CpG island methylation of genes in key cancer pathways associates with clinical outcome in high-grade serous ovarian cancerWei Dai
Authors Affiliations Epigenetics Unit, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London Section of Molecular Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research, Sutton Department of Gynaecology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Unit, Glasgow University, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 19:5788-97. 2013..We aimed to identify DNA methylation biomarkers of progression-free survival (PFS) to platinum-based chemotherapy in high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) within biologically relevant ovarian cancer-associated pathways...
- DNA methylation as a long-term biomarker of exposure to tobacco smokeNatalie S Shenker
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Epigenetics Unit, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Epidemiology 24:712-6. 2013..Most biomarkers of exposure tend to have short half-lives. This includes cotinine, a metabolite of nicotine widely used to assess smoke exposure. Cotinine is thus unsuitable as a determinant of past exposure to cigarette smoke...
- The DNA methylomes of serous borderline tumors reveal subgroups with malignant- or benign-like profilesConstanze Zeller
Epigenetics Unit, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 182:668-77. 2013..A subgroup of SBOTs can be classified into tumors with a benign- or a malignant-like methylation profile that may help in identifying tumors more likely to progress into LGSCs...
- Prospects for epigenetic compounds in the treatment of autoimmune diseaseNadine Chapman-Rothe
Department of Surgery and Cancer Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Imperial College London, London, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 711:150-61. 2011....
- CpG island methylator phenotype (CIMP) in cancer: causes and implicationsJens M Teodoridis
Department of Oncology, Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Cancer Lett 268:177-86. 2008..Therefore, further clinical testing of the diagnostic and prognostic value of the current CIMP markers, as well as increasing our understanding of the molecular causes underlying CIMP are required...
- Approaches to target the genome and its epigenome in cancerNadine Chapman-Rothe
Department of Oncology, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Imperial College London, UK
Future Med Chem 1:1481-95. 2009..Ultimately, improved specificity of epigenetic therapies will require increased mapping of the aberrant epigenetic landscape in cancer and cancer-specific target validation using chemical epigenetic approaches...
- WWOX tumour suppressor gene polymorphisms and ovarian cancer pathology and prognosisAdam J W Paige
Ovarian cancer action HHMT Research Centre and Section of Molecular Therapeutics, Department of Oncology, Imperial College London Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 46:818-25. 2010..While these results may suggest that the associations are false positives, differences between the two populations cannot be excluded, and thus highlight the challenges in validation studies...
- Pharmaco(epi)genomics in ovarian cancerAdam J W Paige
Department of Oncology, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 8EE, UK
Pharmacogenomics 9:1825-34. 2008..Integrated approaches that identify stable pharmacogenomic and epigenomic patterns and their relationship with expression patterns and gene function will be increasingly necessary...
- Ovarian cancer stem cell-like side populations are enriched following chemotherapy and overexpress EZH2Sian Rizzo
Section of Medicine, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 10:325-35. 2011..As such, EZH2 is an important target for anticancer drug development...
- Systematic CpG islands methylation profiling of genes in the wnt pathway in epithelial ovarian cancer identifies biomarkers of progression-free survivalWei Dai
Epigenetics Unit Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 17:4052-62. 2011..We aimed to evaluate DNA methylation at promoter CpG islands (CGI) of Wnt pathway genes in ovarian tumors at presentation and identify biomarkers of patient progression-free survival (PFS)...
- Epigenome-wide association study in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC-Turin) identifies novel genetic loci associated with smokingNatalie S Shenker
Epigenetics Unit, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
Hum Mol Genet 22:843-51. 2013..These data show that smoking has a direct effect on the epigenome in lung tissue, which is also detectable in peripheral blood DNA and may contribute to cancer risk...
- Common variants at 19p13 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancerKelly L Bolton
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 42:880-4. 2010..Expression analysis of candidate genes at this locus in ovarian tumors supported a role for the BRCA1-interacting gene C19orf62, also known as MERIT40, which contains rs8170, in EOC development...
- The promises and pitfalls of epigenetic therapies in solid tumoursJanet S Graham
Department of Oncology and Ovarian Cancer Action Centre, Imperial College, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, W120NN London, UK
Eur J Cancer 45:1129-36. 2009..Such trials already suggest that improved tumour delivery and specificity, with decreased normal tissue toxicity, will be required to take full advantage of this class of agents in solid tumours...
- HDAC4-regulated STAT1 activation mediates platinum resistance in ovarian cancerEuan A Stronach
Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 71:4412-22. 2011..Together, our findings identify HDAC4 as a novel, therapeutically tractable target to counter platinum resistance in ovarian cancer...