P J Bagger
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Leukocyte count: a risk factor for coronary artery bypass graft mortalityJens Peder Bagger
Imperial College, and Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Med 115:660-3. 2003
- Effect of enhanced external counterpulsation on dobutamine-induced left ventricular wall motion abnormalities in severe chronic angina pectorisJens Peder Bagger
Imperial College London, NHLI and Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 93:465-7. 2004..1 +/- 0.6 to 2.2 +/- 0.7 (p <0.0001) in the entire group and exercise capacity increased by 73 seconds (p = 0.0002) in patients who were able to exercise (n = 18)...
- Postoperative infection with meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and socioeconomic backgroundJens Peder Bagger
Imperial College London, London, UK, and Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0HS, UK
Lancet 363:706-8. 2004..Our findings suggest that patients from deprived areas might be especially susceptible to postoperative infection with MRSA...
- Taxation and life expectancy in Western EuropeP J Bagger
Imperial College and Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Cent Eur J Public Health 12:113-4. 2004..The study suggests that tax burden should be considered among the multiple factors influencing life expectancy...
- Influence of socioeconomic status on survival after primary aortic or mitral valve replacementJ P Bagger
United Kingdom Heart Valve Registry, Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Heart 94:182-5. 2008..We sought to evaluate whether socioeconomic status influences outcome after first-time single aortic or mitral valve replacement...
- Enhanced external counterpulsation does not alter arterial stiffness in patients with anginaFrances Dockery
Section of Geriatric Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Clin Cardiol 27:689-92. 2004..Other than an initial reduction in blood pressure, the sustained clinical benefit seen with this therapy is unlikely to be effected through alterations in arterial wall mechanical properties...
- Excess coronary artery bypass graft mortality among women with hypothyroidismDlear Zindrou
Cardiothoracic Directorate, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Ann Thorac Surg 74:2121-5. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Women on thyroxine replacement therapy undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting had an increased mortality rate. We speculate that insufficient thyroid hormone replacement could partly play a role in this outcome...
- Coronary artery size and disease in UK South Asian and Caucasian menDlear Zindrou
Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:492-5. 2006..CONCLUSION: Proximal coronary artery size and number of significant coronary stenoses did not differ between matched pairs of South Asian and Caucasian men using strict inclusion/exclusion criteria...
- Preoperative haemoglobin concentration and mortality rate after coronary artery bypass surgeryDlear Zindrou
Cardiothoracic Directorate, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Lancet 359:1747-8. 2002..Our findings suggest that a low haemoglobin concentration is a marker of disease severity or comorbidity that has a major effect on survival rate...
- Randomized comparison of percutaneous coronary intervention with coronary artery bypass grafting in diabetic patients. 1-year results of the CARDia (Coronary Artery Revascularization in Diabetes) trialAkhil Kapur
London Chest Hospital, Barts and The London NHS Trust, Imperial College, London, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:432-40. 2010....
- Enhanced external counterpulsation for treatment of refractory angina pectorisGiuseppina Novo
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular and Nephro Urological Diseases, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:335-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of EECP to relieve symptoms, to decrease myocardial ischaemia and to improve cardiac performance in patients with intractable angina, refractory to surgical and medical treatment...
- Arterial concentration of 99mTc-sestamibi at rest, during peak exercise and after dipyridamole infusionNiels Peter Rønnow Sand
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Skejby Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8200, Aarhus N, Denmark
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 24:394-7. 2004..This study also underlines the importance of considering early blood clearance in addition to regional myocardial tracerkinetic aspects such as myocardial extraction fraction when new tracers are introduced...