Affiliation: Imperial College
- Implementation and conduct of therapeutic hypothermia for perinatal asphyxial encephalopathy in the UK--analysis of national dataDenis Azzopardi
Centre for the Developing Brain, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e38504. 2012..Data from the UK TOBY Cooling Register provides the opportunity to examine how one new effective therapy for newborn infants suspected of suffering asphyxial encephalopathy--therapeutic hypothermia- was implemented in the UK...
- Assessment of brain tissue injury after moderate hypothermia in neonates with hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy: a nested substudy of a randomised controlled trialMary Rutherford
Perinatal Imaging, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 9:39-45. 2010..To ascertain more precisely the effect of therapeutic hypothermia on neonatal cerebral injury, we assessed cerebral lesions on MRI scans of infants who participated in the Total Body Hypothermia for Neonatal Encephalopathy (TOBY) trial...
- Neonatal ECMO Study of Temperature (NEST)--a randomised controlled trialDavid J Field
Department of Heath Science, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, 22 28 Princess Road West, Leicester, UK
BMC Pediatr 10:24. 2010..Infants allocated to the control group will receive ECMO at 37 degrees C throughout their course, which is currently standard practice around the world. Health status of both groups will be assessed formally at 2 years corrected age...
- Clinical management of the baby with hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathyDenis Azzopardi
The Institute of Clinical Sciences, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Early Hum Dev 86:345-50. 2010..This article is a summary of the in hospital clinical management of infants with hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy...
- Magnetic resonance biomarkers of neuroprotective effects in infants with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathyDenis Azzopardi
Institute of Clinical Sciences, Imperial College London and MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 15:261-9. 2010..Standardisation of scanning protocols and data analysis between different scanners is essential...
- Moderate hypothermia to treat perinatal asphyxial encephalopathyDenis V Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences and Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 361:1349-58. 2009..Whether hypothermic therapy improves neurodevelopmental outcomes in newborn infants with asphyxial encephalopathy is uncertain...
- Treatment of asphyxiated newborns with moderate hypothermia in routine clinical practice: how cooling is managed in the UK outside a clinical trialD Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College, London W12 0NN, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F260-4. 2009..The registry was established on completion of enrolLment to the TOBY randomised trial of treatment with whole body hypothermia following perinatal asphyxia at the end of November 2006...
- The TOBY Study. Whole body hypothermia for the treatment of perinatal asphyxial encephalopathy: a randomised controlled trialDennis Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
BMC Pediatr 8:17. 2008....
- HypothermiaD Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences, Department of Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College, DuCane Road, London, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 12:303-10. 2007....
- Pilot study of treatment with whole body hypothermia for neonatal encephalopathyD Azzopardi
Department of Paediatrics, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 106:684-94. 2000..However, clinical studies have been delayed by the difficulty in predicting long-term outcome very soon after birth and by concern about adverse effects of hypothermia...
- Prediction of neurological outcome after birth asphyxia from early continuous two-channel electroencephalographyD Azzopardi
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Early Hum Dev 55:113-23. 1999..To determine whether two-channel continuous electroencephalography (EEG) applied within 12 h of birth can predict the severity of neurological complications and neurodevelopmental outcome following birth asphyxia...
- Noninvasive characterization of neonatal adipose tissue by 13C magnetic resonance spectroscopyE L Thomas
Robert Steiner MRI Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Lipids 32:645-51. 1997..Our results demonstrate that 13C MRS can be utilized to assess noninvasively neonatal adipose tissue lipid composition and to monitor the effects of developmental changes due to gestational age and oral feeding...
- Combined use of electroencephalogram and magnetic resonance imaging in full-term neonates with acute encephalopathyE Biagioni
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 107:461-8. 2001..When the MRI showed moderate abnormalities, the EEG in all cases but one identified patients with normal and abnormal outcome.EEG, MRI, HIE, neurodevelopment...