Damien R Ashby
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Sustained appetite improvement in malnourished dialysis patients by daily ghrelin treatmentDamien R Ashby
Department of Investigative Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Kidney Int 76:199-206. 2009..Direct manipulation of appetite with ghrelin or its analogs represents an attractive and promising therapeutic strategy for this difficult clinical problem...
- Dialysis survivors: clinical status of patients on treatment for more than 10 yearsDamien Ashby
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, West London Renal and Transplant Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Nephron Clin Pract 108:c207-12. 2008..Although there are increasing numbers of long-term survivors on dialysis, there is remarkably little information about their medical and social wellbeing...
- Gut hormones and the treatment of disease cachexiaDamien Ashby
Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 67:263-9. 2008..Future research should focus on the ascertainment of clinically-relevant outcomes, and further characterisation of the non-nutritional effects of this pathway...
- Plasma hepcidin levels are elevated but responsive to erythropoietin therapy in renal diseaseDamien R Ashby
Imperial College Kidney and Transplant Institute, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Kidney Int 75:976-81. 2009..Our results show that hepcidin is elevated in renal disease and suggest that higher hepcidin levels do not predict increased erythropoietin requirements...
- Bacteremia associated with tunneled hemodialysis catheters: outcome after attempted salvageDamien R Ashby
Imperial College Kidney and Transplant Institute, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1601-5. 2009....
- Erythropoietin administration in humans causes a marked and prolonged reduction in circulating hepcidinDamien R Ashby
Renal Medicine, Imperial College London, Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Haematologica 95:505-8. 2010....
- Inadvertent postdialysis anticoagulation due to heparin line locksRuth J Pepper
Department of Renal Medicine, West London Renal and Transplant Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Hemodial Int 11:430-4. 2007..Significant postdialysis anticoagulation can occur after dialysis, which can be attributed to the heparin line locks. This risk is considerably reduced when a citrate lock is used instead...
- Translumbar central venous catheters for long-term haemodialysisAlbert Power
Imperial College Kidney and Transplant Institute, West London Renal and Transplant Centre, Imperial College Healthcare Trust, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1588-95. 2010..Lack of conventional venous access routes mandates the use of alternative strategies such as the translumbar approach...
- High but stable incidence of subdural haematoma in haemodialysis--a single-centre studyAlbert Power
West London Renal and Transplant Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, DuCane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2272-5. 2010..The prognosis remains poor with 40% mortality at 30 days. The extent of this problem in non-US populations has not been described in the literature...