- Plumpton C, Brown I, Reuber M, Marson A, Hughes D. Economic evaluation of a behavior-modifying intervention to enhance antiepileptic drug adherence. Epilepsy Behav. 2015;45:180-6 pubmed publisher..However, as with any modeling dependent on limited data on efficacy, there is considerable uncertainty surrounding the clinical effectiveness of the intervention which would require a substantive trial for a more definitive conclusion. ..
- Blair J, Gregory J, Hughes D, Ridyard C, Gamble C, McKay A, et al. Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial of insulin delivery by continuous subcutaneous infusion compared to multiple daily injections. Trials. 2015;16:163 pubmed publisher..It will produce data that are meaningful to individual patients and local and national policymakers. The study was registered with the European Clinical Trials Database on 4 November 2010, reference 2010-023792-25. ..
- Ridyard C, Dawoud D, Tuersley L, Hughes D. A Systematic Review of Patients' Perspectives on the Subcutaneous Route of Medication Administration. Patient. 2016;9:281-92 pubmed publisher..However, studies were prone to bias, and further robust evidence based on methodologically sound approaches is required to demonstrate how patient choice might translate to improved adherence. ..
- Plumpton C, Morris T, Hughes D, White I. Multiple imputation of multiple multi-item scales when a full imputation model is infeasible. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:45 pubmed publisher..The adaptation of multiple imputation makes better use of available data and can yield substantively different results from simpler techniques. ..
- Moore A, Young C, Hughes D. Economic Studies in Motor Neurone Disease: A Systematic Methodological Review. Pharmacoeconomics. 2017;35:397-413 pubmed publisher..Limitations may be addressed through the collection of detailed and representative data from large cohorts of patients. ..
- Plumpton C, Roberts D, Pirmohamed M, Hughes D. A Systematic Review of Economic Evaluations of Pharmacogenetic Testing for Prevention of Adverse Drug Reactions. Pharmacoeconomics. 2016;34:771-93 pubmed publisher..However, further analyses and (or) availability of robust clinical evidence is necessary to make recommendations for others. ..
- Hughes D, Charles J, Dawoud D, Edwards R, Holmes E, Jones C, et al. Conducting Economic Evaluations Alongside Randomised Trials: Current Methodological Issues and Novel Approaches. Pharmacoeconomics. 2016;34:447-61 pubmed publisher..The limitations of existing approaches are detailed and novel methods introduced. The review is internationally relevant but with a focus towards practice in the UK. ..
- Hughes D, Tunnage B, Yeo S. Drugs for exceptionally rare diseases: do they deserve special status for funding?. QJM. 2005;98:829-36 pubmed..Mechanisms are discussed for creating a policy that would reduce geographical inequalities in provision across Europe. ..
- Hagemi A, Plumpton C, Hughes D. Renal transplant patients' preference for the supply and delivery of immunosuppressants in Wales: a discrete choice experiment. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:305 pubmed publisher..A policy for secondary care prescribing and hospital collection of medicines does not align with this preference. ..