Affiliation: Hope Hospital
- The Diabetes National Service Framework--a real opportunity?Bob Young
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Hope Hospital, Salford, Manchester
Clin Med 4:69-71. 2004..The way physician specialists in diabetes, the natural local leaders, rise to the challenge will be a key determinant of whether this NSF leads to real improvements in the experience and outcome of care for people with diabetes...
- Pro-active call center treatment support (PACCTS) to improve glucose control in type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialRobert J Young
Diabetes and Endocrinology, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD, UK
Diabetes Care 28:278-82. 2005..To determine whether Pro-Active Call Center Treatment Support (PACCTS), using trained nonmedical telephonists supported by specially designed software and a diabetes nurse, can effectively improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes...
- Achieving glucose control in diabetesBob Young
Hope Hospital, Salford
Practitioner 251:28, 30-2, 34. 2007
- Low circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) are closely associated with the presence of macrovascular disease and hypertension in type 2 diabetesAdrian H Heald
Faculty of Medicine, Endocrine Sciences Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Diabetes 51:2629-36. 2002..Our data suggest that high circulating concentrations of highly phosphorylated IGFBP-1 may protect against the development of hypertension and cardiovascular disease by reducing the mitogenic potential of IGFs on the vasculature...
- Acceptability and satisfaction with a telecarer approach to the management of type 2 diabetesAndrew F Long
Health Care Practice R and D Unit, University of Salford, Allerton Building, Frederick Road Campus, Frederick Road, Salford M6 6PU, UK
Diabetes Care 28:283-9. 2005..To examine patients' views of the acceptability of and satisfaction with telephone care center support provided to improve blood glucose control in type 2 diabetes...
- Molecular orientation distributions in a biaxially oriented poly(L-lactic acid) film determined by polarized Raman spectroscopyMasakazu Tanaka
Materials Science Centre, School of Materials, The University of Manchester, Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M1 7HS United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 7:2575-82. 2006..The different behavior of the crystalline and amorphous regions suggests that each region underwent different deformation mechanisms during the film formation...