Affiliation: Homerton University Hospital
- CT and MR imaging of unusual locations of extra-adrenal paragangliomas (pheochromocytomas)Anju Sahdev
Department of Radiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Eur Radiol 15:85-92. 2005....
- MR imaging appearances of the female pelvis after trachelectomyAnju Sahdev
Department of Radiology, Homerton University Hospital, Homerton Row, London E9 6SR, England
Radiographics 25:41-52. 2005..Knowledge of these MR imaging appearances will help radiologists distinguish between normal postsurgical variations, benign postsurgical changes, and recurrent disease in patients who have undergone trachelectomy...
- The MRI features of histologically proven ovarian cystadenofibromas-an assessment of the morphological and enhancement patternsYen Zhi Tang
Imaging Department, Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Radiol 23:48-56. 2013..To assess the morphological and enhancement features of histologically proven cystadenofibromas (CAFs) on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- 123I-metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) scintigraphy for the detection of adrenal and extra-adrenal phaeochromocytomas: CT and MRI correlationKunwar S S Bhatia
Department of Academic Radiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:181-8. 2008..Evidence regarding the accuracy of [(123)I] metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) imaging for phaeochromocytoma localization is currently limited to small series...
- Can quantitative dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI independently characterize an ovarian mass?Philip Dilks
Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Radiol 20:2176-83. 2010..Our aim was to establish threshold criteria based on quantitative DCE-MRI data as independent predictors of malignancy in a complex (solid, solid/cystic) ovarian mass...
- Diagnosing unilateral primary aldosteronism - comparison of a clinical prediction score, computed tomography and adrenal venous samplingW C Candy Sze
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 81:25-30. 2014..It has been suggested that a recently developed and published clinical prediction score (CPS) may correctly identify some patients as having unilateral disease, without recourse to adrenal venous sampling...
- A prospective evaluation of postural stimulation testing, computed tomography and adrenal vein sampling in the differential diagnosis of primary aldosteronismJeshen H G Lau
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:182-8. 2012..Various series have reported the utility of postural stimulation testing (PST), cross-sectional imaging and adrenal vein sampling (AVS) in the assessment of PA, but most of these studies were retrospective...
- Sequential FDG-PET/CT as a biomarker of response to Sunitinib in metastatic clear cell renal cancerIrfan Kayani
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 17:6021-8. 2011..Three sequential scans were conducted to determine whether the timing of the investigation was relevant...
- The indeterminate adrenal lesionAnju Sahdev
Department of Radiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Dominion House, 59 Bartholomew s Close, London, EC1A 7ED, UK
Cancer Imaging 10:102-13. 2010..We review the performance of the established and new techniques in CT, MRI and PET that can be used to distinguish benign adenomas and malignant lesions of the adrenal gland...
- Diagnosis and localisation of insulinoma: the value of modern magnetic resonance imaging in conjunction with calcium stimulation catheterisationMaralyn R Druce
Department of Endocrinology, Barts and the London Medical School, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 162:971-8. 2010..Preoperative localisation of insulinoma improves cure rate and reduces complications, but may be challenging...
- Fistulas in malignant gynecologic disease: etiology, imaging, and managementPriya Narayanan
Academic Department of Radiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Dominion House, 59 Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7ED, England
Radiographics 29:1073-83. 2009....
- Cervical tumorsAnju Sahdev
Department of Radiology, Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 31:399-413. 2010..Benign lesions of the cervix are usually detected incidentally or during investigations for dysfunctional vaginal bleeding. We describe the imaging features of the commonly encountered benign cervical lesions...
- Imaging in Cushing's syndromeAnju Sahdev
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 51:1319-28. 2007..MRI is used for characterising adrenal adenomas, problem solving in difficult cases and for detecting ACTH-secreting pituitary adenomas...
- The clinical advances of fluorine-2-D-deoxyglucose--positron emission tomography/computed tomography in urological cancersNorbert Avril
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Int J Urol 17:501-11. 2010..With disease progression and subsequent de-differentiation of prostate cancer, castrate resistant disease is more likely to present with lesions that have increased glucose metabolism...
- Imaging in covert ectopic ACTH secretion: a CT pictorial reviewPaul A Sookur
Department of Academic Radiology, Dominion House, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Eur Radiol 19:1069-78. 2009..Awareness of the imaging characteristics will aid identification of the source of ACTH production and allow potentially curative surgical resection...
- MRI appearances of uterine malignant mixed müllerian tumorsNishat Bharwani
Department of Cancer Imaging, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Barts and The London NHS Trust, West Smithfield, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:1268-75. 2010..Preoperative differentiation from endometrial adenocarcinoma would be beneficial because their prognoses differ...
- Adrenal phaeochromocytoma: correlation of MRI appearances with histology and functionAudrey E T Jacques
Cancer Imaging, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Eur Radiol 18:2885-92. 2008..In this large series we report a wide range of appearances of adrenal phaeochromocytomas on T2-weighted MRI. The previously described classical hyperintense phaeochromocytoma is relatively uncommon...
- A phase Ib study investigating the combination of everolimus and dovitinib in vascular endothelial growth factor refractory clear cell renal cancerThomas Powles
Centre for Experimental Cancer Medicine, Barts Cancer Institute, Queen Mary, University of London, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 50:2057-64. 2014..The combination of these agents has a broad spectrum of relevant activity. The combination is explored in this phase Ib study...
- CT, MRI and PET imaging in peritoneal malignancyChirag M Patel
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Barts and The London NHS Trust, Bart s Cancer Centre, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Cancer Imaging 11:123-39. 2011....
- Imaging and histopathologic features of HIV-related renal diseaseChloe Symeonidou
Department of Radiology, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, England
Radiographics 28:1339-54. 2008..Because mortality and morbidity rates are affected by the early recognition of renal disease in HIV-infected patients, it is paramount that the radiologist be familiar with the imaging features that can be encountered in such cases...
- The optimal imaging of adrenal tumours: a comparison of different methodsIoannis Ilias
Department of Endocrinology, Elena Venizelou Hospital, Athens GR 11521, Greece
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:587-99. 2007..Adrenal imaging complements and assists the clinical and hormonal evaluation of adrenal tumours...