Saskia A Hogenhout
- Insect vector interactions with persistently transmitted virusesSaskia A Hogenhout
Department of Disease and Stress Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich, NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Phytopathol 46:327-59. 2008..Furthermore, virus and insect proteins involved in overcoming transmission barriers in the vector have been identified for some virus-vector combinations...
- Infection and replication sites of Spiroplasma kunkelii (Class: Mollicutes) in midgut and Malpighian tubules of the leafhopper Dalbulus maidisElvan Ozbek
Molecular and Cellular Imaging Center MCIC, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center OARDC, The Ohio State University, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 82:167-75. 2003..Further, spiroplasmas had pili-like appendages at one or both cell poles and appeared to conjugate. This is the first time that fimbriae and pili have been observed in a mollicutes...
- Plant and animal rhabdovirus host range: a bug's viewSaskia A Hogenhout
Department of Entomology, 120 Thorne Hall, The Ohio State University OARDC, 1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Trends Microbiol 11:264-71. 2003....
- Comparative genomics identifies genes shared by distantly related insect-transmitted plant pathogenic mollicutesXiaodong Bai
Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 235:249-58. 2004..The possible involvement of these genes in plant pathogenicity is discussed...
- Accumulation of maize chlorotic dwarf virus proteins in its plant host and leafhopper vectorRym Chaouch-Hamada
Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, Department of Plant Pathology, The Ohio State University, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Virology 325:379-88. 2004..nigrifrons. Thus, in addition to the three CPs, cysteine protease and RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, the MCDV polyprotein is apparently post-transitionally cleaved into P50, P35, P25, P36, P30, and P26...
- A neurotropic route for Maize mosaic virus (Rhabdoviridae) in its planthopper vector Peregrinus maidisEl Desouky Ammar
Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Virus Res 131:77-85. 2008..maidis by proceeding from the midgut to the anterior diverticulum and esophagus, and from these to the salivary glands via the nervous system: a neurotropic route similar to that of some vertebrate-infecting rhabdoviruses...