Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- HIV testing--the perspective from across the pondGary Murphy
Microbiology Services, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Clin Virol 52:S71-6. 2011..The availability of this class of assays has led to the development of new algorithms for use in the US market and this paper describes how after many years of diversity the HIV algorithms between the UK and US are now converging...
- Is HIV incidence increasing in homo/bisexual men attending GUM clinics in England, Wales and Northern Ireland?G Murphy
Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency, Central Public Health Laboratory, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT
Commun Dis Public Health 7:11-4. 2004..5% in 2002. Throughout the UK HIV incidence may have risen in homo/bisexual men attending GUM clinics...
- Test of HIV incidence shows continuing HIV transmission in homosexual/bisexual men in England and WalesG Murphy
PHLS Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Virus Laboratory, Virus Reference Division, Centra Public Health Laboratory, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT
Commun Dis Public Health 4:33-7. 2001..Public health surveillance systems for those at high risk for HIV infection should, as soon as possible, incorporate the STARHS methodology for monitoring recent HIV incidence...
- Recent trends in HIV and other STIs in the United Kingdom: data to the end of 2002A E Brown
HIV and STI Department, Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:159-66. 2004....
- Implications for HIV testing policy derived from combining data on voluntary confidential testing with viral sequences and serological analysesA E Brown
HIV STI Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
Sex Transm Infect 85:4-9. 2009....
- Increased detection of the HIV-1 reverse transcriptase M184V mutation using mutation-specific minority assays in a UK surveillance study suggests evidence of unrecognized transmitted drug resistanceA J Buckton
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
HIV Med 12:250-4. 2011..The aim of the study was to estimate the levels of transmitted drug resistance (TDR) in HIV-1 using very sensitive assays to detect minority drug-resistant populations...
- The Recent Infection Testing Algorithm (RITA) in clinical practice: a survey of HIV clinicians in England and Northern IrelandNj Garrett
HIV and STI Department, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
HIV Med 13:444-7. 2012..This survey of HIV specialists aimed to investigate the role of RITA in patient management and explore clinicians' views on its role in clinical practice and during partner notification...
- National surveillance of HIV-1 subtypes for England and Wales: design, methods, and initial findingsJ V Parry
Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Virus Laboratory, Central Public Health Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 26:381-8. 2001..The findings suggest spread of infection of non-B subtypes to heterosexuals born in the United Kingdom from individuals infected in regions of high prevalence...
- A cross-site vascular radiology on-call service: the Manchester experienceR J Ashleigh
Department of Radiology, South Manchester University Hospital NHS Trust, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 8LR, UK
Clin Radiol 60:389-93. 2005..A cross-site vascular radiology on-call service was established 5 years ago to cover two vascular centres in Manchester. We aimed to review the service...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody avidity testing to identify recent infection in newly diagnosed HIV type 1 (HIV-1)-seropositive persons infected with diverse HIV-1 subtypesA Chawla
Department of Virology, Royal Free Hospital, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
J Clin Microbiol 45:415-20. 2007..Results are affected by advanced disease and should therefore be interpreted in the context of other clinical parameters...
- Missed opportunities for diagnosing primary HIV infectionD Sudarshi
Department of HIV GU Medicine, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals, Brighton, UK
Sex Transm Infect 84:14-6. 2008..To investigate the extent to which primary HIV infection (PHI) presents to healthcare providers and the degree to which it is unrecognised...
- Comparison of methods to detect recent HIV type 1 infection in cross-sectionally collected specimens from a cohort of female sex workers in the Dominican RepublicS B Gupta
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19454, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1475-80. 2007..The utility of individual assays for recent infection detection will depend upon operating characteristics, HIV-1 subtype limitations, and selection of appropriate assay cutoff values...
- Re: An audit of out of hours interventional vascular radiologyR Ashleigh
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 27:103. 2004
- High-grade intra-epithelial neoplasia and prostate cancer in Dibombari, CameroonF F Angwafo
The National Health Survey Team For Chronic Diseases, National Epidemiology Board, Ministry of Public Health, Yaounde, Cameroon
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 6:34-8. 2003..Significant prostate cancer and the pre-cancerous lesion HGPIN exist in Dibombari, Cameroon. The purported low incidence of prostate cancer may reflect cultural and economic barriers to health care...
- Intellectual disability amongst people on probation: prevalence and outcomeJ Mason
The Tizard Centre, University of Kent at Canterbury, Canterbury, Kent, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 46:230-8. 2002..Previous research has suggested that people with intellectual disability (ID) can be found in the criminal justice system. However, little is currently known about those supervised in the community on probation orders...
- The early development of self-injurious behaviour: evaluating the role of social reinforcementC Oliver
School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 49:591-9. 2005..In this 2-year prospective study, the pattern of social interactions related to the early presentation of self-injury were examined to identify a potential association with an increase in self-injury...