J P Harris
Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Deaths from norovirus among the elderly, England and WalesJohn P Harris
Centre for Infections, GEZI, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1546-52. 2008..5%-18.5%) of deaths caused by noninfectious intestinal disease were associated with norovirus. An estimated 80 deaths each year in this age group may be associated with norovirus infection...
- Infection control measures for norovirus: a systematic review of outbreaks in semi-enclosed settingsJ P Harris
Gastrointestinal, Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases Department, Health Protection Agency, Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 5EQ, UK
J Hosp Infect 74:1-9. 2010..Sound infection control procedures are key to controlling norovirus outbreaks but unfortunately, the present body of the published literature does not provide an evidence-base for the value of specific measures...
- The development of Web-based surveillance provides new insights into the burden of norovirus outbreaks in hospitals in EnglandJ P Harris
Gastrointestinal, Emerging and Zoonotic Infections Department, Health Protection Services Colindale, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, UK
Epidemiol Infect 142:1590-8. 2014..On average, reported outbreaks are associated with 13,000 patients and 3400 staff becoming ill, 8900 days of ward closure and the loss of over 15,500 bed-days annually...
- Overcounting of black Africans in the UK: the problem of undetected record duplicationS Dougan
HIV AIDS Reporting Section, Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ
Commun Dis Public Health 6:147-51. 2003..4%) of remaining excess duplicates is equivalent to 141 black African individuals on the database, and would not impact on the overall picture of the HIV epidemic in the UK...
- MOTION: Experts have not just been 'seeing what they wanted to see' by 'ignoring' health care transmission of AIDS in Africa. Sexual transmission is indeed the major mode of transmission. PROPOSAL: Initiatives to prevent sexual transmission of HIV in AfriS Dougan
Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Int J STD AIDS 15:619-22; discussion 623-5. 2004
- Evaluating rotavirus vaccination in England and Wales. Part I. Estimating the burden of diseaseJ P Harris
Environmental and Enteric Diseases Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, United Kingdom
Vaccine 25:3962-70. 2007..This study provides a sound basis on which to make this assessment and serves as a baseline against which any reductions that do occur if vaccination is introduced can be measured against...
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy outcome: a study of 287,213 pregnancies in LondonN J Sebire
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary's Hospital, London, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1175-82. 2001..The basis of many of the complications is likely to be related to the altered metabolic state associated with morbid obesity...
- Risk factors for macrosomia and its clinical consequences: a study of 350,311 pregnanciesMatthew C Jolly
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, The Mint Wing, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, St Mary s Campus, London W2 1PG, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:9-14. 2003..To identify demographic risk factors for either birthweight >4kg or over the 90th centile and to quantify the obstetric risks...