P A Chris Maple
Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Comparison of a commercial Varicella Zoster glycoprotein IgG enzyme immunoassay with a reference time resolved fluorescence immunoassay (VZV TRFIA) for measuring VZV IgG in sera from pregnant women, sera sent for confirmatory testing and pre and post vOkaP A C Maple
Virus Reference Department, Health Protection Agency, Microbiology Services, Colindale, London, UK
J Clin Virol 53:201-7. 2012..The VaccZyme™EIA is more robust and user friendly than the reference VZV time-resolved fluorescence immunoassay (VZV TRFIA)...
- Performance characteristics of a quantitative, standardised varicella zoster IgG time resolved fluorescence immunoassay (VZV TRFIA) for measuring antibody following natural infectionP A Chris Maple
Virus Reference Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Virol Methods 157:90-2. 2009..VZV IgG levels of 150mIU/ml, or greater, are indicative of natural infection at some time and the ability to mount a protective immune response is inferred...
- Comparison of fifteen commercial assays for detecting Varicella Zoster virus IgG with reference to a time resolved fluorescence immunoassay (TRFIA) and the performance of two commercial assays for screening sera from immunocompromised individualsP A Chris Maple
Virus Reference Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, Colindale, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Virol Methods 155:143-9. 2009..Care must be taken to choose an assay with high specificity in order to accurately assess the need for vaccination or immunoprophylaxis; however, high sensitivity is preferable to prevent inappropriate and expensive treatment...
- Application of a noninvasive oral fluid test for detection of treponemal IgG in a predominantly HIV-infected populationP A C Maple
Health Protection Agency South West Laboratory, Myrtle Road, Kingsdown, Bristol BS2 8EL, UK
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:743-9. 2006....
- Performance of a time-resolved fluorescence immunoassay for measuring varicella-zoster virus immunoglobulin G levels in adults and comparison with commercial enzyme immunoassays and Merck glycoprotein enzyme immunoassayP A C Maple
Virus Reference Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, Colindale, London NW9 5HT, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:214-8. 2006..A novel feature of the TRFIA was that the cutoff was generated using population mixture modeling and was expressed in mIU/ml, as the assay was calibrated using the British standard VZV antibody...
- The seroepidemiology of Bordetella pertussis infection in Western EuropeR G Pebody
Immunisation Department, Health Protection Agency HPA Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, London, UK
Epidemiol Infect 133:159-71. 2005....
- Comparison of the performance of the LIAISON VZV-IgG and VIDAS automated enzyme linked fluorescent immunoassays with reference to a VZV-IgG time-resolved fluorescence immunoassay and implications of choice of cut-off for LIAISON assayP A C Maple
Virus Reference Department, HPA Centre for Infections, Colindale, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Virol 44:9-14. 2009..Immune status testing requires highly sensitive and specific immunoassays for timely and accurate results...
- Sero-epidemiology of Bordetella pertussis in England and WalesA Nardone
Immunisation Division, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Vaccine 22:1314-9. 2004..There is an important incidence of infection in the population, which is greater amongst children than adults, but there is only limited evidence of a correlation with epidemic cycles...
- Measurement of IgG antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis by commercial enzyme immunoassays and immunofluorescence in sera from pregnant women and patients with infertility, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and laboratory diagnosed Chlamydia pC S Jones
Public Health Laboratory, Myrtle Road, Bristol BS2 8EL, UK
J Clin Pathol 56:225-9. 2003..The assays in current use are unsuitable for screening large numbers of samples so there is a need to develop more suitable assays...
- An oral fluid test for syphilisS D K Baguley
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Woolmanhill Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
Int J STD AIDS 16:299-301. 2005..In addition, it may have much to offer in outreach projects and epidemiological investigations...
- European Sero-Epidemiology Network: standardisation of the assay results for pertussisA Giammanco
Department of Hygiene and Microbiology, University of Palermo, Italy
Vaccine 22:112-20. 2003....