Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Vaccination against pandemic influenza A/H1N1v in England: a real-time economic evaluationMarc Baguelin
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, United Kingdom
Vaccine 28:2370-84. 2010..In countries where the epidemic is not so far advanced vaccination of children may be cost-effective. Similar, detailed, real-time modelling and economic studies could help to clarify the situation...
- Age-specific incidence of A/H1N1 2009 influenza infection in England from sequential antibody prevalence data using likelihood-based estimationMarc Baguelin
Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e17074. 2011..The method provides a more accurate and continuous measure of incidence than achieved by comparing prevalence in samples grouped by time period...
- Seroprevalence of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus antibody, England, 2010 and 2011Katja Hoschler
Respiratory Virus Unit, Virus Reference Department, Microbiology Services Colindale, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Ave, London, NW9 5HT, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1894-7. 2012..Population-based seroepidemiology confirms that the third wave of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus circulation was associated with a shift in age groups affected, with the highest rate of infection in young adults...
- Health and economic impact of the seasonal influenza vaccination programme in EnglandMarc Baguelin
Health Protection Agency, United Kingdom
Vaccine 30:3459-62. 2012..The seasonal influenza vaccination programme in England targets individuals over 65 years old and in clinical risk groups...
- The cost-effectiveness of vaccinating pregnant women against seasonal influenza in England and WalesMark Jit
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 6BT, United Kingdom
Vaccine 29:115-22. 2010..Key sources of uncertainty are the cost of vaccine delivery and the quality of life detriment due to a clinically apparent episode of confirmed influenza. The cost of vaccine purchase itself is relatively low...
- Different transmission patterns in the early stages of the influenza A(H1N1)v pandemic: a comparative analysis of 12 European countriesStefan Flasche
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Epidemics 3:125-33. 2011..However, much uncertainty remains. With better information on the role of these epidemiological factors, the control of influenza could be improved...