- Risk of herpes zoster in adults immunized with varicella vaccineSophie Hambleton
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Infect Dis 197:S196-9. 2008..00 case/1000 person-years. Overall, the incidence of HZ in this cohort, therefore, is similar to published data for the US population in the prevaccine era...
- Cholesterol dependence of varicella-zoster virion entry into target cellsS Hambleton
Department of Paediatric, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Virol 81:7548-58. 2007..Lipid rafts are likely to contribute directly to viral envelope integrity and, in the host membrane, may influence endocytosis, evoke downstream signaling, and/or facilitate membrane fusion...
- Prevention of varicella and zoster by live attenuated VZV vaccineSophie Hambleton
Children s Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 6BE, United Kingdom
Front Biosci 13:2696-704. 2008..The potential of the newly licensed zoster vaccine to reduce viral circulation still further has yet to be evaluated...
- Chickenpox party or varicella vaccine?Sophie Hambleton
Columbia University, Department of Pediatrics, New York, NY 10032, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 568:11-24. 2005..In the case of VZV, the epidemiology of herpes zoster must be tracked as well as varicella disease trends. The prevention of herpes zoster may be another use of live attenuated or inactivated varicella vaccines...
- Preventing varicella-zoster diseaseSophie Hambleton
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 650 W. 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 18:70-80. 2005..However, the huge pool of latent wild-type virus in the population represents a continuing threat. Both the biology and the epidemiology of VZV disease suggest that new vaccination strategies will be required over time...
- ChickenpoxSophie Hambleton
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 18:235-40. 2005..Epidemiological data continue to accumulate that will inform decision-making on vaccine use elsewhere. These findings, together with relevant advances in VZV virology, form the substance of this review...
- The role of the trans-Golgi network in varicella zoster virus biologyS Hambleton
Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 650 W 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:3047-56. 2004..Knowledge of VZV's use of endogenous trafficking pathways from the TGN sheds light on important aspects of viral behaviour in vitro and in vivo...
- The impact of varicella vaccination in the United StatesSophie Hambleton
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 16:38-43. 2005..Vaccination strategies likely will need to be adjusted as the epidemiology of VZV in the United States continues to evolve...
- Varicella vaccine for susceptible adults: do it todayAnne A Gershon
Clin Infect Dis 39:1640-1. 2004
- Prevention of varicella in children with cancer: Is it time to reconsider our strategy?Roderick Skinner
Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Oncology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, United Kingdom
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:451-2. 2008