Tom C Hall
- A randomized controlled trial investigating the effects of parenteral fish oil on survival outcomes in critically ill patients with sepsis: a pilot studyThomas C Hall
University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 39:301-12. 2015..Treatment with ω-3 has been demonstrated to attenuate the effects of uncontrolled inflammation and may be clinically beneficial...
- Impact of anticoagulation on outcomes in acute non-cirrhotic and non- malignant portal vein thrombosis: a retrospective observational studyThomas Charles Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, UK
Hepatogastroenterology 60:311-7. 2013..Treatment modalities that have been employed and investigated include conservative management, anticoagulation, thrombolysis and thrombectomy. This observational study examines the impact of anticoagulation on PVT...
- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a systematic reviewThomas C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, England
Arch Surg 147:657-66. 2012..To compare the morbidity, pain, cosmesis, and cost-effectiveness of single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILC) with standard laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SLC)...
- Enhanced recovery programmes in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery: a systematic reviewT C Hall
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:318-26. 2012..The aim of this systematic review was to appraise the current evidence for ERP in HPB surgery...
- The diagnosis and management of Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: a systematic reviewThomas C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Langenbecks Arch Surg 397:889-98. 2012..Non-invasive investigations have been evaluated to ameliorate risk but have unknown efficacy. The review aims to critically appraise current evidence for the diagnosis and management of SOD...
- The difficulties of clinical trials evaluating therapeutic agents in patients with severe sepsisT C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester General Hospital, Gwendolen Road, Leicester, LE5 4PW, UK
Ir J Med Sci 181:1-6. 2012..A vast amount of inflammatory mediators have been identified as key factors in driving sepsis. Therapeutic agents designed to target these mediators have so far failed to demonstrate significant clinical benefit...
- Pancreaticogastric fistula secondary to intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasia: a case report and review of the literatureT C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:e32-4. 2011..An occasional feature of IPMNs is fistula formation to surrounding organs. This report describes a case of a pancreaticogastric fistula from a main duct IPMN that produced the complete resolution of the patient's symptoms...
- Management of acute non-cirrhotic and non-malignant portal vein thrombosis: a systematic reviewT C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, LE5 4PW, UK
World J Surg 35:2510-20. 2011..This review examines the impact of such treatment, its outcomes, and the complications resulting from the resultant portal hypertension...
- Biomarkers for the differentiation of sepsis and SIRS: the need for the standardisation of diagnostic studiesT C Hall
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester General Hospital, Gwendolen Road, Leicester LE5 4PW, UK
Ir J Med Sci 180:793-8. 2011..Central to goal-directed resuscitation is the timely and accurate diagnosis of sepsis. The rapid diagnosis and commencement of the appropriate therapies has been shown to reduce the mortality...
- Recurrent familial malignant carotid body tumour presenting with lymph node metastasis: case report, and review of diagnosis and management of familial carotid body tumoursT C Hall
Department of ENT, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, UK
J Laryngol Otol 124:1344-6. 2010..We report the case of a recurrent familial malignant carotid body tumour presenting with metastasis to local ipsilateral lymph nodes; the rarity of both recurrence combined with nodal spread is emphasised in this article...
- How accurately does a simulation glove reflect function compared to rheumatoid arthritis sufferers?T C Hall
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:605-9. 2010..This study assessed the ability of gloves to simulate rheumatoid arthritis of the hand...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in situs inversus totalis: is it safe?T C Hall
Department of Vascular Surgery, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:W30-2. 2010..We report the management of a case of symptomatic cholelithiasis with emphasis on its surgical technique combined with a review of the literature...
- Preoperative factors predicting remission of type 2 diabetes mellitus after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery for obesityTom C Hall
Department of Minimally Invasive and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, Yorkshire, UK
Obes Surg 20:1245-50. 2010..We evaluated outcomes in diabetic patients undergoing RYGB in our institution, aiming to identify factors predicting diabetes remission...