- Update on immunotherapy for systemic lupus erythematosus--what's hot and what's not!
M Y Karim
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Lambeth Wing, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:332-41. 2009
..Data are presented on more generalized immune strategies, such as the use of stem cell transplantation and intravenous immunoglobulin...
- Management of hypogammaglobulinaemia occurring in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus
P F K Yong
Louise Coote Lupus Unit, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1400-5. 2008
..The purpose of this article is to describe various cases of SLE and hypogammaglobulinaemia, review the literature and present management strategies for hypogammaglobulinaemia in SLE...
- Clinical importance of autoantibodies in lupus nephritis
Mohammed Yousuf Karim
Consultant Immunologist, St Thomas Hospital, Lupus Unit, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK and Department of Immunology, Frimley Park Hospitals, Surrey, UK
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 3:937-47. 2007
..Anti-dsDNA antibodies are well known, but other important autoantibodies include anti-C1q, antinucleosomal and antiactinin. There has also been interesting work on the relationship of antiphospholipid antibodies with renal disease...
- The role of cytokines as biomarkers in systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus nephritis
Department of Immunology, St Thomas Hospital, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3273-80. 2011
- Mycophenolate mofetil for systemic lupus erythematosus refractory to other immunosuppressive agents
M Y Karim
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Immunology Department, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:876-82. 2002
..MMF has been introduced as a novel immunosuppressive agent in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), often in patients intolerant of or resistant to conventional immunosuppressive regimens...
- Mycophenolate mofetil as a treatment for autoimmune haemolytic anaemia in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndrome
The Lupus Unit, Guy s and St Thomas Trust, London, UK
Lupus 12:633-5. 2003
..The patients showed a good response to treatment with MMF, suggesting a possible role in the treatment of AIHA...
- Reduction of proteinuria with mycophenolate mofetil in predominantly membranous lupus nephropathy
M Y Karim
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1317-21. 2005
..Studies have shown good results with mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in proliferative lupus nephropathy (LN) (WHO class III and IV disease)...
- Immunodeficiency in the lupus clinic
M Y Karim
Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey
Lupus 15:127-31. 2006
..This review focuses on aspects of humoral and cellular immunity, and their association with SLE...