Affiliation: Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Impact of comorbid autism spectrum disorders on stimulant response in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a retrospective and prospective effectiveness studyP J Santosh
Department of Psychological Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Child Care Health Dev 32:575-83. 2006..Recently, a number of small trials have suggested that methyphenidate does have a role in the management of hyperactivity in children with autistic spectrum disorders...
- Weighted blankets and sleep in autistic children-a randomized controlled trialPaul Gringras
Children s Sleep Medicine, Evelina London Children s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 134:298-306. 2014..To assess the effectiveness of a weighted-blanket intervention in treating severe sleep problems in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)...
- Melatonin for sleep problems in children with neurodevelopmental disorders: randomised double masked placebo controlled trialP Gringras
King s College London and Evelina Children s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
BMJ 345:e6664. 2012..To assess the effectiveness and safety of melatonin in treating severe sleep problems in children with neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Development of an Internet-based real-time system for monitoring pharmacological interventions in children with neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric disordersP Gringras
Paediatric Neurosciences, Evelina Children s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Child Care Health Dev 32:591-600. 2006....
- When to use drugs to help sleepP Gringras
Evelina Children s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 93:976-81. 2008..International working groups and multicentre trials will increasingly be needed to evaluate the new technologies and pharmacological treatments that are emerging...
- Administration of melatonin mixed with soft food and liquids for children with neurodevelopmental difficultiesT Shah
Department of Pharmaceutics, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 50:845-9. 2008....
- Rest-activity disturbances in children with septo-optic dysplasia characterized by actigraphy and 24-hour plasma melatonin profilesE A Webb
University College London UCL Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E198-203. 2010..However, no objective measurements of sleep/activity patterns with 24-h melatonin profiles have been published for these individuals, and the pathophysiological basis underlying sleep disorders in SOD remains largely unknown...
- Ensuring successful admission to hospital for young people with learning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour: a continuous quality improvement and change management programmeK Pratt
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Child Care Health Dev 38:789-97. 2012..Children and young people with autism spectrum conditions frequently have adverse experiences in accessing health care...
- Absence of urinary opioid peptides in children with autismH Cass
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 93:745-50. 2008..The aim of the present study was to determine whether exogenous or endogenous peptides were present in the urine of children with autism or of control children...