Tom W G Carrell
Affiliation: Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Intraluminal thrombus enhances proteolysis in abdominal aortic aneurysmsTom W G Carrell
Academic Department of Surgery, King s College London, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Vascular 14:9-16. 2006..Mean levels of activated MMP-9 activity were similar in the AAA, JMT, and LT. Plasmin activation of MMPs at the interface between intraluminal thrombus and the aneurysm wall may enhance proteolysis and accelerate aneurysm expansion...
- Feasibility and limitations of an automated 2D-3D rigid image registration system for complex endovascular aortic proceduresTom W G Carrell
King s Health Partners, London, UK
J Endovasc Ther 17:527-33. 2010..To examine the feasibility of an automated 2-dimensional (2D) to 3- dimensional (3D) image registration system to simplify the navigational challenges faced in complex endovascular aortic procedures...
- Use of a remotely steerable "robotic" catheter in a branched endovascular aortic graftTom Carrell
King s Health Partners, London, United Kingdom Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 55:223-5. 2012..This technology can help achieve precise and stable introducer sheath position. Further evaluation is necessary to understand the wider applications...
- Stent-graft limb deployment in the external iliac artery increases the risk of limb occlusion following endovascular AAA repairAllan M Conway
Department of Vascular Surgery, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
J Endovasc Ther 19:79-85. 2012..To assess whether deployment of an endograft limb in the external iliac artery (EIA) increases the rate of limb occlusion following endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)...
- Stromelysin-1 (matrix metalloproteinase-3) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 are overexpressed in the wall of abdominal aortic aneurysmsTom W G Carrell
Academic Department of Surgery, Kings College, London, UK
Circulation 105:477-82. 2002..Stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) and TIMP-3 were, however, over expressed in the AAA samples and may be involved aneurysm pathogenesis. Stromelysin-1 could provide a target for pharmacological inhibition...