- Sponge eating: is it an obsessive compulsive disorder or an unusual form of pica?A Gupta
Children Resources Centre, Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent, DA2 8DA, United Kingdom
Acta Paediatr 96:1853-4. 2007..Conclusion: The medical practice is full of challenges and complexity; and clinicians need to be vigilant all the time in their practice to appreciate unusual and rare manifestations of common clinical conditions like IDA and CD...
- Tubercular and chronic pyogenic osteomyelitis of cranio-facial bones: a retrospective analysisA Sethi
Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Laryngol Otol 122:799-804. 2008..To analyse current trends in our population with respect to the presentation, diagnosis and management of tubercular and chronic pyogenic osteomyelitis of the cranio-facial bones...
- Conjunctival rhabdomyosarcoma presenting as a squamous papillomaA Smith
Eye 21:281-3. 2007
- Premature arthritis in an elderly womanA Gupta
Department of Medicine and Elderly Care, West Wales Hospital, Carmarthen, UK
Int J Clin Pract 60:858-60. 2006..The initial presentation of backache led to a mistaken diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis. Subsequent manifestation of characteristic discoloration of her sclera and overnight dark urine led to the correct diagnosis of ochronosis...
- Loose cilium in meibomian gland: mimicking early postoperative endophthalmitisA K Jain
Eye 20:957-8. 2006
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of a non-ulcerated penile lumpS K Gupta
Department of Pathology, Pt B. D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, India
Cytopathology 16:312-4. 2005
- Pseudogynaecomastia due to deltaparinA Kakar
J Assoc Physicians India 51:738. 2003
- Spastic quadriparesis: an unusual early manifestation of systemic lupus erythematosusA Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Scand J Rheumatol 32:189-90. 2003..This disease should be kept in mind in such a setting, especially if abnormalities in hemogram and urine analysis are seen. Early diagnosis and aggressive therapy may improve the neurological outcome...
- Management of psychosis in Parkinson's diseaseA Gupta
Department of Elderly Medicine, Rookwood Hospital, Fairwater Road, Llandaff, Cardiff CF5 2YN, UK
Int J Clin Pract 57:295-300. 2003..This article reviews data on the use of atypical antipsychotics in patients with PD and the current recommendations on their use in the management of PD psychosis...
- Disseminated brown tumors from hyperparathyroidism masquerading as metastatic cancer: a complication of parathyroid carcinomaA Gupta
Department of Surgery, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and Akron General Medical Center, 44307, USA
Am Surg 67:951-5. 2001..Patients with hypercalcemia or bony lesions should not automatically be treated palliatively for metastatic disease just because of a past medical history of cancer. Hyperparathyroidism is a readily curable problem if properly diagnosed...
- Angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia in the hand: a case reportG Risitano
Hand Unit, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby
J Hand Surg Br 15:376-7. 1990..The case described was originally regarded as Kaposi's sarcoma, but H.I.V. testing was negative. Excision of a further lesion established the diagnosis as angiolymphoid hyperplasia...