Affiliation: Great Ormond Street
- Improved survival after unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation in children with primary immunodeficiency using a reduced-intensity conditioning regimenKanchan Rao
Department of Bone Marrow Transplant, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 105:879-85. 2005....
- Outcome of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for adenosine deaminase-deficient severe combined immunodeficiencyAmel Hassan
Centre for Immunodeficiency, Molecular Immunology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Blood 120:3615-24; quiz 3626. 2012..These data detail for the first time the outcomes of HCT for ADA-SCID and show that, if patients survive HCT, long-term cellular and humoral immune recovery is achieved...
- Successful treatment of lymphoproliferative disease complicating primary immunodeficiency/immunodysregulatory disorders with reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantationJonathan M Cohen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 110:2209-14. 2007..With careful monitoring and pre-emptive therapy, we advocate this RIC SCT approach to patients with PID who have pre-existing EBV-LPD...
- Cognitive and psychosocial function post hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children with hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisJessica Jackson
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 132:889-95.e1-3. 2013..This study investigated the cognitive and psychosocial outcomes in childhood survivors of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation...
- Serial transplantation of mismatched donor hematopoietic cells between HLA-identical sibling pairs with congenital immunodeficiency: in vivo tolerance permits rapid immune reconstitution following T-replete transplantation without GVHD in the secondary reJonathan M Cohen
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2124-6. 2006....
- Pulmonary hypertension following haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for primary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisUlrike Zeilhofer
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:521-3. 2013..PHT may be an association with HLH and physicians treating HLH should be aware of this potential association...
- Mesenchymal stem cells exert differential effects on alloantigen and virus-specific T-cell responsesHelen Karlsson
Molecular Immunology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Blood 112:532-41. 2008..These data have major implications for immunotherapy of GVHD with MSCs and suggest that the effector functions of virus-specific T cells may be retained after MSC infusion...
- Host natural killer immunity is a key indicator of permissiveness for donor cell engraftment in patients with severe combined immunodeficiencyAmel Hassan
Immunology and Bone Marrow Transplant Units, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 133:1660-6. 2014..Natural killer (NK) cell populations are usually absent in the SCID-X1 and Janus kinase 3 forms of SCID and greatly reduced in adenosine deaminase deficiency SCID but often present in other forms of the disorder...
- Omission of in vivo T-cell depletion promotes rapid expansion of naïve CD4+ cord blood lymphocytes and restores adaptive immunity within 2 months after unrelated cord blood transplantRobert Chiesa
Bone Marrow Transplantation Department, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 156:656-66. 2012..We postulate that this relates to the specific immunological and ontological qualities of fetal-derived lymphocytes...
- Early pediatric anthracycline cardiotoxicity: managed by serial heart and bone marrow transplantationJasveer S Mangat
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:658-60. 2007..This case is unique in the literature. We believe it offers an alternative strategy for children with hematologic malignancies, where severe early post-anthracycline cardiotoxicity might preclude bone marrow transplantation...
- Stem cell transplantation with reduced-intensity conditioning for hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisNichola Cooper
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Blood 107:1233-6. 2006..Three of 9 survivors have mixed chimerism but remain free of disease. In summary, RIC compares favorably to conventional SCT with long-term disease control in surviving patients despite a significant incidence of mixed chimerism...
- Increased incidence of EBV-related disease following paediatric stem cell transplantation with reduced-intensity conditioningJonathan Cohen
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 129:229-39. 2005..This probably reflects the profound immunosuppression following RIC SCT, together with the incomplete ablation of recipient-derived B cells...