Affiliation: Great Ormond Street
- Improved survival after unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation in children with primary immunodeficiency using a reduced-intensity conditioning regimenKanchan Rao
Department of Bone Marrow Transplant, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 105:879-85. 2005....
- Outcome of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for adenosine deaminase-deficient severe combined immunodeficiencyAmel Hassan
Centre for Immunodeficiency, Molecular Immunology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Blood 120:3615-24; quiz 3626. 2012..These data detail for the first time the outcomes of HCT for ADA-SCID and show that, if patients survive HCT, long-term cellular and humoral immune recovery is achieved...
- Successful treatment of lymphoproliferative disease complicating primary immunodeficiency/immunodysregulatory disorders with reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantationJonathan M Cohen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 110:2209-14. 2007..With careful monitoring and pre-emptive therapy, we advocate this RIC SCT approach to patients with PID who have pre-existing EBV-LPD...
- Serial transplantation of mismatched donor hematopoietic cells between HLA-identical sibling pairs with congenital immunodeficiency: in vivo tolerance permits rapid immune reconstitution following T-replete transplantation without GVHD in the secondary reJonathan M Cohen
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2124-6. 2006....
- Mesenchymal stem cells exert differential effects on alloantigen and virus-specific T-cell responsesHelen Karlsson
Molecular Immunology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Blood 112:532-41. 2008..These data have major implications for immunotherapy of GVHD with MSCs and suggest that the effector functions of virus-specific T cells may be retained after MSC infusion...
- Omission of in vivo T-cell depletion promotes rapid expansion of naïve CD4+ cord blood lymphocytes and restores adaptive immunity within 2 months after unrelated cord blood transplantRobert Chiesa
Bone Marrow Transplantation Department, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 156:656-66. 2012..We postulate that this relates to the specific immunological and ontological qualities of fetal-derived lymphocytes...
- Early pediatric anthracycline cardiotoxicity: managed by serial heart and bone marrow transplantationJasveer S Mangat
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:658-60. 2007..This case is unique in the literature. We believe it offers an alternative strategy for children with hematologic malignancies, where severe early post-anthracycline cardiotoxicity might preclude bone marrow transplantation...
- Stem cell transplantation with reduced-intensity conditioning for hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisNichola Cooper
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Blood 107:1233-6. 2006..Three of 9 survivors have mixed chimerism but remain free of disease. In summary, RIC compares favorably to conventional SCT with long-term disease control in surviving patients despite a significant incidence of mixed chimerism...
- Increased incidence of EBV-related disease following paediatric stem cell transplantation with reduced-intensity conditioningJonathan Cohen
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 129:229-39. 2005..This probably reflects the profound immunosuppression following RIC SCT, together with the incomplete ablation of recipient-derived B cells...