- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma colonisation in women with lower urinary tract symptomsP M Latthe
Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:519-21. 2008..A larger prospective randomised controlled trial is necessary to assess the effectiveness of this intervention...
- Variation in practice of laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation: a European surveyP M Latthe
Academic Department of O and G, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:547-51. 2004..There is variation in the surgical techniques of performing LUNA in Europe and the techniques vary according to operator experience...
- Factors predisposing women to chronic pelvic pain: systematic reviewPallavi Latthe
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TG
BMJ 332:749-55. 2006..Exposure to risk factors was compared between women with and without pelvic pain. Results were pooled within subgroups defined by type of pain and risk factors...
- Transobturator tape procedure in stress urinary incontinence: UK experience of a district general hospitalP M Latthe
Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield, and Birmingham Women s NHS Healthcare Trust, Birmingham, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:177-80. 2007..A robustly designed randomised controlled trial with long-term follow-up is necessary to assess long-term success rate and complications when compared with other procedures...
- Individual patient data meta-analysis of randomized evidence to assess the effectiveness of laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation in chronic pelvic painJ P Daniels
University of Birmingham, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Hum Reprod Update 16:568-76. 2010..Our objective was to perform a meta-analysis using individual patient data (IPD) to provide the most comprehensive and reliable assessment of the effectiveness of LUNA...
- Intrapartum tests for group B streptococcus: accuracy and acceptability of screeningJ P Daniels
University of Birmingham, UK
BJOG 118:257-65. 2011....
- Meta-analysis using individual patient data from randomised trials to assess the effectiveness of laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation in the treatment of chronic pelvic pain: a proposed protocolT Xiong
Birmingham Women s Hospital, Metchley Park Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 114:1580, e1-7. 2007..Currently, there are a number of clinical trials, but no international collaboration for collating research on effectiveness of laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation (LUNA) for alleviating chronic pelvic pain...
- Rapid testing for group B streptococcus during labour: a test accuracy study with evaluation of acceptability and cost-effectivenessJ Daniels
University of Birmingham, Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-154, iii-iv. 2009..To determine the accuracy, acceptability and cost-effectiveness of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and optical immunoassay (OIA) rapid tests for maternal group B streptococcal (GBS) colonisation at labour...
- The implications of US experiences with early childhood interventions for the UK Sure Start ProgrammeR Gray
National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Child Care Health Dev 33:655-63. 2007..Sure Start is to be further expanded, to achieve national coverage. US experience is highly relevant for anticipating challenges that this expansion will raise...
- National study of colorectal cancer geneticsS Penegar
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 97:1305-9. 2007..Over 8,700 cases and 2,185 controls have so far been entered into NSCCG. Our experience in developing NSCCG serves to illustrate how world-class DNA databases for genetic analyses can be rapidly developed in the United Kingdom...
- Mental health nurse supplementary prescribing: experiences of mental health nurses, psychiatrists and patientsM Jones
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust, Leatherhead, UK
J Adv Nurs 59:488-96. 2007..This paper is a report of a study to explore the views of patients, mental health nurses and psychiatrists involved in mental health nurse supplementary prescribing...
- Income inequalities and self-reported maternal health status: cross-sectional national surveyS Petrou
National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
BJOG 114:1018-22. 2007..Efforts to reduce income inequalities in adverse maternal health outcomes are likely to require macro and microeconomic initiatives...
- Long-term donepezil treatment in 565 patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD2000): randomised double-blind trialC Courtney
Trials Unit, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Lancet 363:2105-15. 2004..If so, which patients benefit, from what dose, and for how long?..
- Uveitis in a patient with common variable immunodeficiencyR Gray
Eye (Lond) 17:99-101. 2003
- Retinal detachment surgery in district general hospitals: an audit of changing practiceR Ling
Br J Ophthalmol 86:827-9. 2002
- Glucose production by the human placenta in vivoC H Prendergast
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
Placenta 20:591-8. 1999..Using a mathematical model containing maternal, placental and fetal compartments, the data were compatible with the release of glucose by the placenta. We conclude that the human placenta at term can produce glucose...