S P Vickers
Affiliation: Granta Park
- Evidence that hypophagia induced by d-fenfluramine and d-norfenfluramine in the rat is mediated by 5-HT2C receptorsS P Vickers
Vernalis Research Limited, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh RG41 5UA, UK
Neuropharmacology 41:200-9. 2001..These data provide unequivocal evidence for an important role of the 5-HT2C receptor in the mediation of d-fenfluramine and d-norfenfluramine-induced hypophagia in the rat and do not support the involvement of 5-HT1A/1B/2A/2B receptors...
- Modulation of 5-HT(2A) receptor-mediated head-twitch behaviour in the rat by 5-HT(2C) receptor agonistsS P Vickers
Vernalis Research Limited, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5UA, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 69:643-52. 2001..Both the in vivo and in vitro data suggest that for some ligands, previous reports have overestimated their in vivo selectivity for the 5-HT(2C) receptor...
- Preferential effects of the cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist, SR 141716, on food intake and body weight gain of obese (fa/fa) compared to lean Zucker ratsS P Vickers
Vernalis Research Limited, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, RG41 5UA, Winnersh, Wokingham, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:103-11. 2003..The selective CB(1) receptor antagonist, SR 141716, has been demonstrated to reduce food consumption in a range of animal species...
- Oral administration of the 5-HT2Creceptor agonist, mCPP, reduces body weight gain in rats over 28 days as a result of maintained hypophagiaS P Vickers
Vernalis Research Limited, Oakdene Court, Winnersh, Wokingham, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:274-80. 2003..The 5-HT(2C) receptor subtype has been implicated extensively in the regulation of ingestive behaviour...
- Comparative effects of continuous infusion of mCPP, Ro 60-0175 and d-fenfluramine on food intake, water intake, body weight and locomotor activity in ratsS P Vickers
Cerebrus, Oakdene Court, Winnersh, Wokingham
Br J Pharmacol 130:1305-14. 2000..5. These data suggest tolerance does not develop to the effects of d-fenfluramine, mCPP and Ro 60-0175 on rat body weight gain...
- Identification of 4-methyl-1,2,3,4,10,10a-hexahydropyrazino[1,2-a]indoles as 5-HT2C receptor agonistsS Röver
Vernalis Research Ltd, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Wokingham RG41 5UA, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3604-8. 2005..Selectivity was improved for several compounds versus the lead 1, increasing the therapeutic interest in this series of 5-HT(2C) receptor agonists...
- Indoline derivatives as 5-HT(2C) receptor agonistsJ M Bentley
Vernalis Research Ltd, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 5UA, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2367-70. 2004..The functional efficacy and radioligand binding data for all of the compounds at 5-HT(2) receptor subtypes are reported. A number of compounds were found to reduce food intake in rats after oral administration...
- Reduced satiating effect of d-fenfluramine in serotonin 5-HT(2C) receptor mutant miceS P Vickers
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 143:309-14. 1999..d-Fenfluramine stimulates the release of serotonin (5-HT) and is a potent inhibitor of the re-uptake of 5-HT into nerve terminals. Administration of d-fenfluramine suppresses food intake in both animals and humans...
- Cannabinoids and the regulation of ingestive behaviourS P Vickers
RenaSci Consultancy Ltd, BioCity Nottingham, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham NG1 1GF, UK
Curr Drug Targets 6:215-23. 2005..Accordingly, the cannabinoid system appears to have an important role in the regulation of ingestive behaviour in man and animals...