A K Gorai
- Association between Ambient Air Pollution and Asthma Prevalence in Different Population Groups Residing in Eastern Texas, USAAmit Kr Gorai
Department of Mining Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha 769008, India
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:378. 2016..The research findings facilitate identification of hotspots for controlling the most affected populations from further environmental exposure to air pollution, and for preventing or reducing the health impacts. ..
- An innovative approach for determination of air quality health indexAmit Kumar Gorai
Department of Mining Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha 769008, India Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 533:495-505. 2015..In conclusion, FAQHI in Howrah city was above permissible limit in winter months and within acceptable values in summer and rainy months. Diurnal variations of FAQHI showed a similar trend during the three-year period of assessment. ..
- A GIS based approach for assessing the association between air pollution and asthma in New York State, USAAmit K Gorai
Environmental Science and Engineering Group, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi 835215, Jharkhand, India
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:4845-69. 2014..Our study suggests that the association between elevated concentrations of PM2.5 and SO2 and asthma prevalence among residents of New York State in USA is consistent enough to assume concretely a plausible and significant association. ..
- Noise and its effect on human being--a reviewA K Gorai
Centre of Mining Environment, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad 826 004, Jharkhand, India
J Environ Sci Eng 48:253-60. 2006..This paper highlights the research carried out by different scientists across the world on the harmful effects of noise on human being...
- Design of enclosure of a grinding machine for the noise attenuationA K Gorai
Dept of Mining Engg, B I T, Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand 828123, India
J Environ Sci Eng 50:141-6. 2008..The results found encouraging and such enclosures can be developed for plant machineries by the plant personnels without getting confused by the claims and rhetoric of advertisements of big companies engaged in developing such items...
- Development of fuzzy air quality index using soft computing approachT Mandal
Environmental Science and Engineering Group, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi 835215, India
Environ Monit Assess 184:6187-96. 2012..The findings clearly indicate that the FIS may successfully harmonize inherent discrepancies and interpret complex conditions...
- Groundwater vulnerability to pollution mapping of Ranchi district using GISR Krishna
Environmental Science and Engineering Group, Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi 835215, India
Appl Water Sci 5:345-358. 2015..Aquifer vulnerability maps generated in this study can be used for environmental planning and groundwater management...
- Determination of path coefficients and its application in road traffic noise annoyance - a theoretical approachS Maity
Centre of Mining Environment, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, 826004, Jharkhand, India
Environ Monit Assess 117:21-6. 2006..In the revised path model, thus the direct and indirect effect due to a particular variable causing the road traffic noise annoyance could be observed...