Daljit S Gill
- Risk factors for post-orthognathic condylar resorption: a reviewDaljit S Gill
UCL Eastman Institute, Unit of Orthodontics, Eastman Dental Hospital, London, UK
World J Orthod 9:21-5. 2008..To evaluate the current evidence identifying risk factors for post-orthognathic mandibular condylar resorption...
- Medium Opening Activator: design applications for the management of Class II deep overbite malocclusionFarhad B Naini
Department of Orthodontics, St George s Hospital and Medical School, London, SW17 0QT, UK
World J Orthod 8:e1-9. 2007..A case report is described to demonstrate the benefits of the Medium Opening Activator...
- Prospective clinical trial comparing the effects of conventional Twin-block and mini-block appliances: Part 1. Hard tissue changesDaljit S Gill
The Royal London Hospital
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 127:465-72; quiz 517. 2005..The modified appliance, termed the mini-block (MB), was incrementally advanced, incorporated a maxillary incisor torquing spring, and had a reduced bite-block height...
- Part-time versus full-time retainer wear following fixed appliance therapy: a randomized prospective controlled trialDaljit S Gill
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
World J Orthod 8:300-6. 2007..To compare part-time and full-time Essix-type retainer wear regimens following fixed appliance treatment, with respect to dental alignment and occlusal changes...
- Adult and paediatric basic life support: an update for the dental teamD S Gill
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
Br Dent J 202:209-12. 2007..For children over the age of one year, two rescuers should provide life support with a compression to ventilation ratio of 15:2. There is still a need to deliver rescue breaths before starting compressions in the child patient...
- Orthodontics using an occlusal splint: a clinical reportAkit Patel
Unit of Prosthodontics, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Prosthodont 19:157-60. 2010....
- Facial aesthetics: 2. Clinical assessmentFarhad B Naini
St George s Hospital, London, UK
Dent Update 35:159-62, 164-6, 169-70. 2008..Part 2 covers important aspects of the interview and clinical assessment of patients requiring alterations in their dentofacial appearance, including guidelines used in the assessment of facial proportions and symmetry...
- Body dysmorphic disorder: a growing problem?Farhad B Naini
St George s Hospital and Medical School, London, UK
Prim Dent Care 15:62-4. 2008..It is imperative for the dental clinician to diagnose this condition prior to instigating clinical treatment, and to make an appropriate referral...
- Tooth fracture associated with debonding a metal orthodontic bracket: a case reportFarhad B Naini
Department of Orthodontics, St George s Hospital and Medical School, London, England, UK
World J Orthod 9:e32-6. 2008..Without pretreatment diagnosis and documentation, it is difficult for the orthodontist to prove that the appearance of enamel cracks or enamel/tooth fracture is unrelated to orthodontics...
- Radiographic study of delayed tooth development in patients with dental agenesisErika V Ruiz-Mealin
University College London Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, London, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 141:307-14. 2012....
- Taurodontism--a reviewJoanna E Haskova
Department of Orthodontics, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
Dent Update 36:235-6, 239-40, 243. 2009..It has clinical implications which are relevant to both the general dental practitioner and the orthodontist...
- Orthodontic treatment and cemento-osseous dysplasia: a case reportGursharan Minhas
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK
J Orthod 35:90-5. 2008..The presenting features of the patient and the effect of orthodontic treatment on this case are discussed...
- The effects of orthognathic surgery on speech: a reviewTasnim Hassan
Maxillofacial Unit, St George s Hospital and Medical School, London, UK
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2536-43. 2007..To assess the effects of orthognathic surgery on speech in non-cleft individuals...
- Smile aestheticsDaljit S Gill
The Eastman Dental Hospital, London, UK
Dent Update 34:152-4, 157-8. 2007..CLINICAL RELEVANCE: A systematic evaluation of the components of the smile when planning treatment will help to improve smile aesthetics and produce greater patient and dentist satisfaction...
- Space maintenanceEmma Laing
Department of Orthodontics, Eastman Dental Hospital, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 19:155-62. 2009..This review article provides a summary of the available evidence, and considers the indications for space maintenance...
- The enigma of facial beauty: esthetics, proportions, deformity, and controversyFarhad B Naini
Orthodontic Department, St George s Hospital and Medical School, Kingston Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130:277-82. 2006..The purposes of this article were to give a brief contemporary overview of our concepts of facial beauty and esthetics and to consider a long-standing and controversial debate on the treatment of patients with dentofacial deformities...
- A comparison of skeletal maturation in patients with tooth agenesis and unaffected controls assessed by the cervical vertebral maturation (CVM) indexChristine Casey
C Casey, Orthodontic Department, Eastman Dental Hospital, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Orthod 40:286-98. 2013..The cervical vertebral maturation (CVM) index can be used to assess skeletal maturation...
- Prospective randomized clinical trial comparing the effects of a masticatory bite wafer and avoidance of hard food on pain associated with initial orthodontic tooth movementMladen Otasevic
St George s Hospital and Medical School, Kingston Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130:6.e9-15. 2006..The purpose of this prospective, randomized clinical trial was to compare the use of masticatory bite wafers with the avoidance of mastication in reducing pain and discomfort associated with initial orthodontic tooth movement...
- Counselling patients with hypodontiaDaljit S Gill
UCLH Eastman Dental Hospital UCL Eastman Dental Institute, UK
Dent Update 35:344-6, 348-50, 352. 2008..This should help dentists to provide effective counselling for such patients. We will discuss the dental, psycho-social, medical, functional, educational and financial implications that this diagnosis can bring...
- The aetiology, diagnosis and management of deep overbiteFarhad B Naini
St George s Hospital, UK
Dent Update 33:326-8, 330-2, 334-6. 2006..Up-to-date knowledge in this field is of relevance to orthodontists, prosthodontists and maxillofacial surgeons...
- Miss, Mister, Doctor. To protect and serve the patientFarhad B Naini
J R Soc Med 99:334. 2006
- Facial aesthetics: 1. Concepts and canonsFarhad B Naini
St George s Hospital
Dent Update 35:102-4, 106-7. 2008..Part 2 will cover important aspects of the interview and clinical assessment of patients requiring alterations in their dentofacial appearance, including guidelines used in the assessment of facial proportions and symmetry...