Steve A White
Affiliation: Freeman Hospital
- Progress in living donor liver transplantationS A White
Department of Organ Transplantation, St James University Hospital, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 7TF, UK
Transplant Proc 36:2720-6. 2004..For pediatric patients, LDLT has clearly reduced the number of waiting list deaths, providing compelling evidence for an increase in LDLT programs. This review discusses many of the recent advances in LDLT...
- Pancreas transplantationSteve A White
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary and Transplantation Surgery, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK
Lancet 373:1808-17. 2009..The various indications, categories, and outcomes of patients having a pancreas transplant are discussed, particularly with reference to the effect on long-term diabetic complications...
- Pancreas transplantationS A White
Department of Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, The Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:368-70. 2008..Long-term normoglycaemia has beneficial effects on preventing and ameliorating the secondary complications of diabetes and will be discussed...
- Endoscopic botulinum toxin injection for the treatment of diabetic gastropathy in pancreas and islet-cell transplant patientsMatthew P Thomas
Department of Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Exp Clin Transplant 10:168-71. 2012..We report our experience of using one such alternative, endoscopic botulinum toxin injection, to ameliorate diabetic gastropathy in association with pancreas and islet-cell transplant patients...
- Successful management of necrotizing pancreatitis by percutaneous necrosectomy after orthotopic liver transplant for paracetamol induced acute liver failure: a case reportRajiv Lochan
Department of Hepato Pancreato Biliary and Organ Transplant Surgery, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Exp Clin Transplant 7:110-4. 2009..Acute pancreatitis, which can develop after any whole-organ transplant, is often associated with immunosuppression. Pancreatitis that complicates a liver transplant can be a significant problem that results in a high mortality rate...
- Living donor liver transplantationS A White
Department of Organ Transplantation, St James University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Br J Surg 92:262-3. 2005