E H Forrest
- Analysis of factors predictive of mortality in alcoholic hepatitis and derivation and validation of the Glasgow alcoholic hepatitis scoreE H Forrest
Department of Gastroenterology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Castle St, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
Gut 54:1174-9. 2005..Alcoholic hepatitis is associated with a high short term mortality. We aimed to identify those factors associated with mortality and define a simple score which would predict outcome in our population...
- Polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and the severity of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionE H Forrest
Department of Gastroenterology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
J Viral Hepat 12:519-24. 2005..001) and age (P < 0.001). No association was identified between these four RAS polymorphisms and fibrosis in chronic HCV infection...
- The Glasgow alcoholic hepatitis score identifies patients who may benefit from corticosteroidsE H Forrest
Department of Gastroenterology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
Gut 56:1743-6. 2007..This study aimed to determine whether the GAHS was able to identify those patients who would benefit from corticosteroids...
- The impact of specialist management of jaundiced alcoholic liver disease patientsE H Forrest
Department of Gastroenterology, Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow
Scott Med J 49:84-7. 2004..Their prognosis is poor. These patients may be managed by General Medical physicians (GM) or by Gastroenterologists (GE)...
- Long-term follow-up of endoscopic Histoacryl glue injection for the management of gastric variceal bleedingN Rajoriya
Department of Gastroenterology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow, G4OSF, UK
QJM 104:41-7. 2011..However, its long-term efficacy is poorly described. We studied the immediate and long-term effects of Histoacryl glue injection as treatment for bleeding gastric varices in a large UK hospital...
- The changing face of hepatitis B in greater Glasgow: epidemiological trends 1993-2007S T Barclay
Department of Gastroenterology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0SF, UK
Scott Med J 55:4-7. 2010..We sought to establish whether the incidence of chronic HBV is increasing in Greater Glasgow, and whether patients are assessed in secondary care...
- Appraisal of the Glasgow assessment and management of alcohol guideline: a comprehensive alcohol management protocol for use in general hospitalsA McPherson
Acute Addiction Liaison Team, Glasgow Addiction Services, Legal House, 101 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DW, UK
QJM 105:649-56. 2012..The Glasgow Assessment and Management guideline for alcohol has been specifically developed for use in this context...
- Acute hepatitis C in a nursing home residentS McPherson
Department of Gastroenterology, Ward 8 9, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
Age Ageing 34:188-9. 2005..Elderly patients commonly present with jaundice from a multitude of causes. We present an unusual case of acute hepatitis C in an elderly nursing home resident who had no risk factors. Possible causes and treatment are discussed...
- Causes of obvious jaundice in South West WalesE H Forrest
Gut 51:613-4; author reply 614. 2002