- Carbon preservation in humic lakes; a hierarchical regulatory pathwayNathalie Fenner
Wolfson Carbon Capture Laboratories, School of Biological Sciences, Bangor University, Deiniol Road, Bangor, North Wales, UK
Glob Chang Biol 19:775-84. 2013..Identifying these process-specific limitations should inform better management and conservation of these vital systems...
- Interactions between elevated CO2 and warming could amplify DOC exports from peatland catchmentsNathalie Fenner
School of Biological Sciences, Memorial Building, University of Wales, Bangor, Deiniol Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, UK
Environ Sci Technol 41:3146-52. 2007..Such results suggest intensified carbon exports from peatlands, with potentially widespread ramifications for aquatic processes in the receiving waters...
- Peatland geoengineering: an alternative approach to terrestrial carbon sequestrationChristopher Freeman
Wolfson Carbon Capture Laboratory, School of Biological Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor LL57 2UW, UK
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 370:4404-21. 2012....
- Summer drought decreases soil fungal diversity and associated phenol oxidase activity in upland Calluna heathland soilHannah Toberman
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bangor, Gwynedd, UK
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 66:426-36. 2008..Climatically driven events such as droughts may have significant implications for fungal community diversity and therefore, have the potential to interfere with crucial ecosystem processes, such as organic matter decomposition...
- Shifts of soil enzyme activities in wetlands exposed to elevated CO(2)Hojeong Kang
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, South Korea
Sci Total Environ 337:207-12. 2005..Such changes were absent from the fen and marsh where inorganic nutrients were abundant, suggesting that enzyme activities involved in N or P mineralisation only increase under elevated CO(2) when nutrient limitation is strongly exerted...
- Atmospheric nitrogen deposition promotes carbon loss from peat bogsLuca Bragazza
Department of Biology and Evolution, University of Ferrara, Corso Ercole I d Este 32, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19386-9. 2006....