- Contaminants in drinking water
Flackwell Heath, Bucks, Imperial College, Royal School of Mines, Prince Consort Road, London, UK
Br Med Bull 68:199-208. 2003
..Marked variations also occur on a more local level within countries due, for example, to agricultural and industrial activities. These and others are discussed in this chapter...
- Chemicals in the water environment. Where do the real and future threats lie?
WATER Institute, Cranfield University, Cranfield, United Kingdom
Ann Ist Super Sanita 48:347-53. 2012
..Most of these emerging contaminants are present as a consequence of day to day use by the wider human population and control requires a different approach to the substance by substance regulation prevalent at present...
- Approaches to determining regulatory values for carcinogens with particular reference to bromate
Independent Consultant, 89 Heath End Road, Flackwell Heath, High Wycombe, Bucks HP10 9EW, UK
Toxicology 221:149-53. 2006
..Determining whether it is appropriate to use a linear assumption and which is the most relevant tumour site are important steps in refining the risk assessment to for drinking water disinfection with hypochlorite and ozone...
- Health risks of micropollutants - the need for a new approach
J K Fawell
Water Sci Technol 57:183-7. 2008
..Such an approach provides a bridge from problem identification to problem solving...
- Modelling exposure to disinfection by-products in drinking water for an epidemiological study of adverse birth outcomes
Small Area Health Statistics Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London, UK
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 15:138-46. 2005
..We conclude that our modelling approach enabled us to provide robust quarterly estimates of ecological exposure to THMs in a situation where the raw data were too sparse to base exposure assessment on empirical summaries alone...
- Description of trihalomethane levels in three UK water suppliers
Small Area Health Statistics Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 13:17-23. 2003
..There was a moderate positive correlation between the THMs most similar in their structure (chloroform and BDCM, BDCM and DBCM, and DBCM and bromoform) and a slight negative correlation between chloroform and bromoform levels...
- Relation of trihalomethane concentrations in public water supplies to stillbirth and birth weight in three water regions in England
Mireille B Toledano
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 113:225-32. 2005
..Further work is needed looking at cause-specific stillbirths and effects of other disinfection by-products and to help differentiate between alternative (noncausal) explanations and those that may derive from the water supply...