- Linagliptin as add-on therapy for type 2 diabetes - an overviewD X Brown
University Hospital Llandough, Wales, UK
Drugs Today (Barc) 48:645-54. 2012..It therefore represents a major advancement in the pharmacotherapy of patients with T2D...
- The myotoxicity of statinsMarc Evans
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Curr Opin Lipidol 13:415-20. 2002....
- A review of modern insulin analogue pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles in type 2 diabetes: improvements and limitationsM Evans
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:677-84. 2011..Enhancing the pharmacological predictability and extending the duration of action could simplify insulin titration and further reduce the incidence of hypoglycaemia...
- The future direction of cholesterol-lowering therapyMarc Evans
Department of Metabolic Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Curr Opin Lipidol 13:663-9. 2002....
- Medical lipid-regulating therapy: current evidence, ongoing trials and future developmentsMarc Evans
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales
Drugs 64:1181-96. 2004..In addition, the pleiotropic anti-inflammatory effects of lipid lowering therapy may provide further risk reduction...
- Ciprofibrate therapy improves endothelial function and reduces postprandial lipemia and oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes mellitusM Evans
Cardiovascular Sciences Research Group, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Circulation 101:1773-9. 2000..Exaggerated postprandial lipemia (PPL) is a factor in atherogenesis, involving endothelial dysfunction and enhanced oxidative stress. We examined the effect of ciprofibrate therapy on these parameters in type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- A population model evaluating the costs and benefits associated with different oral treatment strategies in people with type 2 diabetesP McEwan
Cardiff Research Consortium, Cardiff, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:623-30. 2010....
- Management of diabetes in cardiovascular patients: diabetic heart diseaseR Peter
Llandough Hospital, Llandough, Cardiff, UK
Heart 94:369-75. 2008
- Weight change in people with type 2 diabetes: secular trends and the impact of alternative antihyperglycaemic drugsC Ll Morgan
Department of Epidemiology, Pharmatelligence, Cardiff, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:424-32. 2012..This study aimed to describe the pattern of weight change in people with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) over time and when using alternative treatment regimens...
- Effects of insulin lispro and chronic vitamin C therapy on postprandial lipaemia, oxidative stress and endothelial function in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusM Evans
Cardiovascular Sciences Research Group, Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, Heath Park, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 33:231-8. 2003..2 Iu kg-1) and vitamin C 1-g daily. Eight-h lipid and glucose profiles were measured following a fatty meal. Endothelial function (flow-mediated vasodilatation: FMD) and OS were measured at fasting, 4 h and 8 h...
- Understanding the inter-relationship between improved glycaemic control, hypoglycaemia and weight change within a long-term economic modelP McEwan
Cardiff Research Consortium, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:431-6. 2010..We therefore sought to ascertain the respective contribution of hypoglycaemia, weight change and improved blood glucose control on second-line therapy options added to metformin...
- Dispensing patterns and financial costs of glucose-lowering therapies in the UK from 2000 to 2008C J Currie
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, The Pharma Research Centre, Cardiff Medicentre, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Diabet Med 27:744-52. 2010..A variety of influences determine prescribing behaviour. The purpose of this study was to characterize the pattern of dispensing for glucose-lowering and monitoring in the UK from 2000 to 2008, inclusively...
- The influence of the Pro12Ala mutation of the PPAR-gamma receptor gene on metabolic and clinical characteristics in treatment-naïve patients with type 2 diabetesM Ahluwalia
School of Applied Sciences, University of Wales Institute Cardiff, Cardiff, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 4:376-8. 2002..The P12A allele associated with lower fasting plasma glucose but had no influence on HbA1c or BMI. In obese patients (BMI > 29 kg/m2), the P12A substitution associated with elevated total and non-HDL cholesterol levels...