Affiliation: East London
- Suicide now and then ... an elusive comparison: invited commentary on: Lifetime suicide rates in treated schizophrenia: 1875-1924 and 1994-1998 cohorts comparedTrevor Turner
Department of Psychiatry, East Wing, Homerton University Hospital, Homerton Row, London E9 6QR, UK
Br J Psychiatry 188:229-30. 2006..Difficulties include clarifying the 'social geography', the underlying diagnoses, the reasons for admission and the reliability of case book data and follow-up arrangements...
- Reinstitutionalisation in mental health careStefan Priebe
BMJ 326:175-6. 2003
- Chlorpromazine: unlocking psychosisTrevor Turner
Homerton Hospital, London E9 6SR
BMJ 334:s7. 2007
- Complementary medicines in psychiatry: review of effectiveness and safetyUrsula Werneke
Division of Psychiatry, Homerton University Hospital, East Wing, Homerton Row, London E9 6SR, UK
Br J Psychiatry 188:109-21. 2006..The use of complementary medicines in those with mental health problems is well documented. However, their effectiveness is often not established and they may be less harmless than commonly assumed...
- Effectiveness of a brief cognitive-behavioural therapy intervention in the treatment of schizophreniaDouglas Turkington
Department of Psychiatry, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
Br J Psychiatry 180:523-7. 2002..Little evidence exists to indicate whether community psychiatric nurses can achieve the results reported by expert cognitive-behavioural therapists in patients with schizophrenia...
- Reinstitutionalisation in mental health care: comparison of data on service provision from six European countriesStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, Queen Mary University of London, Newham Centre for Mental Health, London E13 8SP
BMJ 330:123-6. 2005..To establish whether reinstitutionalisation is occurring in mental health care and, if so, with what variations between western European countries...