Affiliation: East London
- Treatment benefits of duloxetine in major depressive disorder as assessed by number needed to treatJohn Cookson
Department of Psychiatry, The Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:267-73. 2006..The NNTs in the elderly were similar. The NNT for several measures of efficacy including remission consistently demonstrated the treatment benefits of duloxetine as well as of fluoxetine and paroxetine compared with placebo...
- The use of anticonvulsants in the aftermath of maniaJohn Cookson
The Royal London Hospital, St Clement s, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:23-30. 2006..Valproate continues to be recommended by most current guidelines despite the lack of evidence...
- Number needed to treat and time to response/remission for quetiapine monotherapy efficacy in acute bipolar depression: evidence from a large, randomized, placebo-controlled studyJohn Cookson
The Department of Psychiatry, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:93-100. 2007..2%, quetiapine 300 mg/day: 3.9, and placebo: 3.9%). In conclusion, quetiapine compared with placebo significantly reduces time to response and remission compared with placebo, and has a favorable number needed to treat...
- Prolactin, hyperprolactinaemia and antipsychotic treatment: a review and lessons for treatment of early psychosisJohn Cookson
Burdett House, Mile End Hospital, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 26:42-51. 2012..Younger patients may be more susceptible to hyperprolactinaemia. Trial reports often fail to state the frequency of raised levels...
- Toward a clinical understanding of bipolar disorders: classification and presentationJohn Cookson
Royal London Hospital, St Clement s, London, England
Epilepsia 46:3-7. 2005..The development of new diagnostic trends and their clinical implications are discussed...
- A 52-week, open-label continuation study of lamotrigine in the treatment of bipolar depressionSusan L McElroy
Psychopharmacology Research Program, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Bethesda Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0559, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:204-10. 2004..Lamotrigine has demonstrated efficacy for the acute treatment of depression in bipolar I patients in a placebo-controlled, monotherapy study. We describe the results of a 52-week, open-label continuation of that trial...
- Managing the aftermath of mania - Newcastle, 2 September 2005: Consensus Meeting StatementAllan H Young
University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Psychopharmacol 20:51-4. 2006
- Olanzapine monotherapy and olanzapine combination therapy in the treatment of mania: 12-week results from the European Mania in Bipolar Longitudinal Evaluation of Medication (EMBLEM) observational studyEduard Vieta
Bipolar Disorders Program, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Affect Disord 106:63-72. 2008....
- Stability and treatment outcome of distinct classes of maniaInge van Rossum
Medical Department, Eli Lilly Nederland, Grootslag 1 5, Houten, The Netherlands
Eur Psychiatry 23:360-7. 2008..Differential treatment course and outcome after 12 weeks of treatment were examined for three distinct classes of patients with acute mania in bipolar disorder...