G N Dutton
- Congenital disorders of the optic nerve: excavations and hypoplasiaG N Dutton
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel, General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Eye (Lond) 18:1038-48. 2004....
- Assessment of a computer-based treatment for older amblyopes: the Glasgow Pilot StudyM Cleary
Orthoptic Department, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland
Eye (Lond) 23:124-31. 2009..There have been few viable alternatives to patching the better eye as a treatment of amblyopia for more than two centuries. The success of patching depends on compliance, which is problematic for up to 59% of children and their families...
- Association of binocular lower visual field impairment, impaired simultaneous perception, disordered visually guided motion and inaccurate saccades in children with cerebral visual dysfunction-a retrospective observational studyG N Dutton
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow, UK
Eye (Lond) 18:27-34. 2004..These visual difficulties can be manifest in the presence of normal visual acuity. Recognition of these problems leads to understanding of the child's visual difficulties and facilitates adaptation of curriculum delivery at school...
- A visual skills inventory for children with neurological impairmentsD L McCulloch
Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:757-63. 2007..Evaluation of visual skills in children with neurological impairment can provide valid information about the quality of children's vision. Questions with the highest validity for predicting vision are identified...
- The symptomatic Pulfrich phenomenon can be successfully managed with a coloured lens in front of the good eye--a long-term follow-up studyG Heron
Department of Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Eye (Lond) 21:1469-72. 2007..Here, we report on the long-term outcome of four patients who have been provided with a uniocular tinted spectacle or contact lens...
- Causes of blindness and visual impairment in the West of ScotlandM A Bamashmus
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Eye (Lond) 18:257-61. 2004..To determine the overall reported incidence and causes of registrable blindness and visual impairment in the West of Scotland and any trends that have occurred in the previous 16 years since data from the same area were published...
- Cognitive vision, its disorders and differential diagnosis in adults and children: knowing where and what things areG N Dutton
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0YN, Scotland, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:289-304. 2003..Patients with these disorders need an understanding of their deficits and a structured positive approach to their rehabilitation...
- Visual acuity and the ability of the visually impaired to read medication instructionsS R Drummond
Ophthalmology Department, Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow G12 0YN, Scotland, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 88:1541-2. 2004..The authors wished to determine a distance visual acuity threshold, using routine assessments of visual acuity (VA), beyond which patients are unable to read their instructions...
- Cerebral visual impairment in childrenG N Dutton
Royal Hospital for Sick Children, York Hill, Glasgow, UK
Semin Neonatol 6:477-85. 2001..Damage to these pathways disrupts these functions in a variety of combinations. This paper reviews cerebral visual impairment in children, the differential diagnosis and the management...
- Spatial localization in esotropia: does extraretinal eye position information change?C R Weir
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Department of Orthoptics, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3782-6. 2000..To investigate the accuracy of spatial localization in children with a specific type of convergent strabismus, fully accommodative esotropia...
- Peripheral retinal dysfunction in patients taking vigabatrinJ McDonagh
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow G12 0YN, Scotland
Neurology 61:1690-4. 2003..To assess the wide-field multifocal electroretinogram (WF-mfERG) for assessment of retinal function in vigabatrin-treated patients...
- Measurement of optic nerve sheath diameter by ultrasound: a means of detecting acute raised intracranial pressure in hydrocephalusW D Newman
Department of Ophthalmology, The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow G3 8SJ, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1109-13. 2002..To evaluate the utility of measuring the optic nerve sheath diameter in children with shunted hydrocephalus, suspected of having raised intracranial pressure...
- Visual problems as a result of brain damage in childrenG N Dutton
Br J Ophthalmol 90:932-3. 2006