Affiliation: Drug Safety Research Unit
- Troglitazone and liver function abnormalities: lessons from a prescription event monitoring study and spontaneous reportingP Biswas
Drug Safety Research Unit, Southampton, England
Drug Saf 24:149-54. 2001..To investigate whether there were any cases of liver function abnormalities possibly associated with troglitazone use in general practice in England...
- The pharmacovigilance of olanzapine: results of a post-marketing surveillance study on 8858 patients in EnglandP N Biswasl
Drug Safety Research Unit, Faculty of Health and Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
J Psychopharmacol 15:265-71. 2001..There were eight reports of diabetes mellitus assessed as possibly due to olanzapine. Diabetes mellitus was an unlabelled AE and possible signal generated by prescription-event monitoring...
- Montelukast and improvement of eczema: observations from a prescription event monitoring study in EnglandP Biswas
Drug Safety Research Unit, Southampton, Hants, UK
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 39:529-33. 2001..The objective of this study was to determine whether there are any beneficial effects of montelukast on eczema and urticaria...
- The safety of valsartan: results of a postmarketing surveillance study on 12881 patients in EnglandP N Biswas
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Southampton SO31 1AA, UK
J Hum Hypertens 16:795-803. 2002..No untoward features other than dizziness were identified that were not mentioned in the prescribing guidance...
- The pharmacovigilance of mirtazapine: results of a prescription event monitoring study on 13554 patients in EnglandPipasha N Biswas
Drug Safety Research Unit, Bursledon Hall, Southampton, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 17:121-6. 2003..Serious suspected ADRs reported were facial oedema (5), allergy (3), bone marrow toxicity (2) and myelodysplasia (1)...