Elizabeth Anita Thompson
Affiliation: Derriford Hospital
- The homeopathic approach to the treatment of symptoms of oestrogen withdrawal in breast cancer patients. A prospective observational studyE A Thompson
Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G12 0XQ, UK
Homeopathy 92:131-4. 2003..A placebo-controlled trial would be the next stage in this line of inquiry...
- Complementary therapy use by patients and parents of children with asthma and the implications for NHS care: a qualitative studyAlison Shaw
Academic Unit of Primary Health Care, Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Cotham House, Cotham Hill, Bristol, England, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 6:76. 2006..However, little attention has been given to how and why patients and parents of children with asthma use complementary therapies and the implications for NHS care...
- A preliminary audit investigating remedy reactions including adverse events in routine homeopathic practiceE Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Cotham Hill, Bristol BS6 6PD, UK
Homeopathy 93:203-9. 2004..Some remedy reactions may be regarded as adverse events. AUDIT QUESTIONS: Do such reactions occur within our unit, and if so, how frequently? Do patients regard these events as "adverse"?..
- A pilot, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial of individualized homeopathy for symptoms of estrogen withdrawal in breast-cancer survivorsElizabeth A Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, Bristol, UK
J Altern Complement Med 11:13-20. 2005..To pilot an investigation of individualized homeopathy for symptoms of estrogen withdrawal in breast cancer survivors...
- Setting standards in homeopathic practice--a pre-audit exploring motivation and expectation for patients attending the Bristol Homeopathic HospitalE A Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, Cotham Hill, Bristol, UK
Homeopathy 96:243-6. 2007..We therefore explored motivation for and expectation of hospital attendance from a patient perspective...
- Outcome measures for holistic, complex interventions within the palliative care settingElizabeth Anita Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital Department, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Palliative Medicine Bristol University, Cotham Hill, Bristol, UK
Complement Ther Clin Pract 14:25-32. 2008....
- The vital sensation of the minerals: reducing uncertainty in homeopathic prescribingE A Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Cotham Hill, Bristol BS6 6JU, UK
Homeopathy 96:102-7. 2007..By synthesizing information relating to the concepts of vital sensation and kingdom we can reduce uncertainly in homeopathic prescribing...
- The homeopathic approach to symptom control in the cancer patient: a prospective observational studyE A Thompson
Directorate of Homeopathic Medicine, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, UK
Palliat Med 16:227-33. 2002..Results suggest that further research is warranted to explore the management of hot flushes in women with breast cancer and fatigue in the cancer diagnosis...
- Men with cancer: is their use of complementary and alternative medicine a response to needs unmet by conventional care?M A Evans
Academic Unit of Primary Care, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 16:517-25. 2007..The skills of CAM therapists may enable them to tap into the underlying needs of men in a way that health professionals do not always have the time or the skills to achieve...