Mohammed Abu Hilal
Affiliation: Derriford Hospital
- Pure laparoscopic en bloc left hemihepatectomy and caudate lobe resection in patients with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaMohammed Abu Hilal
Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Laparoscopic Surgical Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 21:845-9. 2011..We report 2 cases of pure laparoscopic en bloc left hemihepatectomy and caudate lobe resection for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)...
- A two-consultant approach is a safe and efficient strategy to adopt during the learning curve for laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: our results in the first 100 proceduresM Abu-Hilal
Southampton General Hospital, UK
Obes Surg 17:742-6. 2007..Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP) can be technically challenging. It is imperative that patient morbidity and mortality are minimized while teams are on the learning curve for this procedure...
- Oncological efficiency analysis of laparoscopic liver resection for primary and metastatic cancer: a single-center UK experienceMohammed Abu Hilal
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgical Unit, E8, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Arch Surg 147:42-8. 2012..To assess the oncological efficiency of laparoscopic minor and major hepatectomy for primary and metastatic liver malignant neoplasms...
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy: critical analysis of preliminary experience from a tertiary referral centreMohammed Abu Hilal
Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Unit, Surgical Academic Unit, F Level Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Surg Endosc 23:2743-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze our preliminary results and highlight the impact of centralization on surgeon workload and pancreatic surgical innovation...
- A comparative analysis of safety and efficacy of different methods of tube placement for enteral feeding following major pancreatic resection. A non-randomized studyMohammad Abu-Hilal
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic and Laparoscopic Surgical Unit, Southampton University Hospital, Southampton, SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
JOP 11:8-13. 2010..Currently we use percutaneous transperitoneal jejunostomy or percutaneous transperitoneal gastrojejunostomy, or the nasojejunal route to deliver enteral nutrition, according to surgeon preference...
- Single-centre comparative study of laparoscopic versus open right hepatectomyMohammed Abu Hilal
Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, HPB Surgery, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 15:818-23. 2011..Expansion of laparoscopic major hepatectomy is still limited mainly due to the well-recognised technical difficulties compared to open surgery, and doubts regarding the oncological efficiency when major resections are required...
- Surgical management of benign and indeterminate hepatic lesions in the era of laparoscopic liver surgeryMohammed Abu Hilal
Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Laparoscopic Surgical Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK Mail abu_hlal yahoo com
Dig Surg 28:232-6. 2011..LLR should be only performed in specialized centres to ensure safety and strict adherence to orthodox surgical indication...
- Laparoscopic right hepatectomy: a challenging, but feasible, safe and efficient procedureNeil William Pearce
Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Laparoscopic Surgical Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Am J Surg 202:e52-8. 2011..Few centers are undertaking major laparoscopic liver resections, because of the well-recognized technical difficulties and lack of training opportunities...
- "Stretching the limits of laparoscopic surgery": two-stage laparoscopic liver resectionGaurav Jain
Department of Surgery, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:51-4. 2010..This has encouraged laparoscopic surgeons to widen the indications and push the boundaries in laparoscopic liver resections. However, a complete laparoscopic two-stage liver resection has not been reported previously...
- Aggressive multi-visceral pancreatic resections for locally advanced neuroendocrine tumours. Is it worth it?Mohammed Abu Hilal
University Surgical Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
JOP 10:276-9. 2009..While this is logic for ductal adenocarcinoma and other tumours with aggressive biological behavior; for even large neuroendocrine tumours, aggressive multivisceral resection may achieve useful palliation and excellent survival...
- Exploring the role of laparoscopic surgery in two-stage hepatectomy for bilobar colorectal liver metastasesFrancesco Di Fabio
Department of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:647-50. 2012..The role of laparoscopy in two-stage hepatectomy for bilobar colorectal liver metastases (CRLMs) has not yet been extensively investigated...
- Laparoscopic liver resection for hepatocellular adenomaMohammed Abu Hilal
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgical Unit, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
World J Gastrointest Surg 3:101-5. 2011..To investigate the role of laparoscopy in the surgical management of hepatocellular adenoma (HA)...