Andreas K Demetriades
- Functional neuroimaging in Alzheimer's type dementiaAndreas K Demetriades
Trinity College, Cambridge CB2 1TQ, UK
J Neurol Sci 203:247-51. 2002..This may even lead to a new classification of dementias according to differences in the causative aetiology...
- Subdural haematoma associated with an arachnoid cyst after repetitive minor heading injury in ball gamesA K Demetriades
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
Br J Sports Med 38:E8. 2004..The association between arachnoid cysts and subdural haematoma is discussed as are safety implications in sporting injuries...
- Victor Horsley's contribution to the Foster Kennedy syndromeAndreas K Demetriades
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK
Br J Neurosurg 18:371-4. 2004....
- Low cost, high risk: accidental nutmeg intoxicationA K Demetriades
Department of Accident and Emergency, University College London Hospital, London WC1E 6AU, UK
Emerg Med J 22:223-5. 2005....
- Hyperacute head injuries and the timing of computed tomographyAndreas K Demetriades
Department of Neurosurgery, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
J Trauma 57:925. 2004
- Near lethal art--transorbital brain injuryW B Cato-Addison
Department of Neurosurgery, Atkinson Morley Wing, St Georges Hospital, London, UK
Orbit 26:279-81. 2007..We present one such case where a low velocity transorbital injury resulted in traumatic temporal lobe injury, but with full recovery. Clinicians should be vigilant of intracranial complications of transorbital injuries...
- Penetrating civilian craniocerebral gunshot wounds: a protocol of delayed surgeryW Adriaan Liebenberg
Department of Neurosurgery, Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre, West Sussex, England
Neurosurgery 57:293-9; discussion 293-9. 2005..Several factors have led to our unique approach of delayed definitive débridement. We wanted to evaluate the effectiveness of our management and compare it with the existing data in the literature...
- Traumatic intraspinal extradural ganglion cyst in a teenager: case report and review of the literatureSarju S Vasani
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London, UK
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:88-91. 2007..In what is normally considered a degenerative disease in older patients this has implications for the possibility of a traumatic aetiology in children. The literature on the classification of extradural cysts is reviewed...
- Penetrating head injury in planned and repetitive deliberate self-harmAndreas K Demetriades
Department of Neurosurgery, St George s Hospital, London, England, UK
Mayo Clin Proc 82:536. 2007..The nails were removed with the patient under general anesthesia, and he made an uncomplicated recovery with no neurological deficits...