Ken H Darzy
- Radiation-induced hypopituitarismKen H Darzy
Department of Endocrinology, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 20:342-53. 2013..This review examines the controversy about the site and pathophysiology of radiation damage while providing an epidemiological perspective on the frequency and pattern of radiation-induced hypopituitarism...
- Radiation-induced hypopituitarism after cancer therapy: who, how and when to testKen H Darzy
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 5:88-99. 2009....
- Cranially irradiated adult cancer survivors may have normal spontaneous GH secretion in the presence of discordant peak GH responses to stimulation tests (compensated GH deficiency)Ken H Darzy
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:287-93. 2009..The study was conducted 8.3 +/- 1.8 (range 2-23) years after cranial irradiation for nonpituitary brain tumours (n = 9) or leukaemia/lymphoma (n = 2) in comparison with 30 normal controls (fasting, 14)...
- Hypopituitarism following Radiotherapy RevisitedKen H Darzy
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Endocr Dev 15:1-24. 2009..H-P dysfunction is progressive and irreversible and can have an adverse impact on growth, body image, sexual function and quality of life. Regular testing is advised to ensure timely diagnosis and early hormone replacement therapy...
- Hypopituitarism following radiotherapyKen H Darzy
Diabetes and Endocrinology, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, Howlands, Welwyn Garden City AL7 4HQ, UK
Pituitary 12:40-50. 2009..Radiation-induced anterior pituitary hormone deficiencies are irreversible and progressive. Regular testing is mandatory to ensure timely diagnosis and early hormone replacement therapy...
- Hypopituitarism as a consequence of brain tumours and radiotherapyKen H Darzy
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, UK
Pituitary 8:203-11. 2005....