Affiliation: Cranfield University
- Nonylphenol in the environment: a critical review on occurrence, fate, toxicity and treatment in wastewatersA Soares
Cranfield University, Centre for Water Science, Cranfield, MK43 0AL, UK
Environ Int 34:1033-49. 2008..The significance of upgrading sewage treatment works with advanced treatment technologies for removal of trace contaminants is discussed...
- Comparison between disintegrated and fermented sewage sludge for production of a carbon source suitable for biological nutrient removalAna Soares
Centre for Water Science, Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL, UK
J Hazard Mater 175:733-9. 2010..On the other hand, SAS increased the concentration of PO(4)-P in the settled sewage by a further 0.97 g PO(4)-P kg(-1)SCOD indicating its potential negative impact towards nutrient recycling in the BNR process...
- An internal carbon source for improving biological nutrient removalPantelis Kampas
Centre for Water Science, Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, UK
Bioresour Technol 100:149-54. 2009..9 mg NO(3)-Ng(-1)VSS h(-1)). Two to five minutes of SAS disintegration time in the deflaker (2300-6200 kJ kg(-1) total solids) is recommended for this application...
- A novel approach to the anaerobic treatment of municipal wastewater in temperate climates through primary sludge fortificationJ N Lester
Centre for Water Science, Cranfield University, Cranfield, MK43 0AL, UK
Environ Technol 30:985-94. 2009..The modelled energy balance for the fortified wastewater treatment process flowsheet was -305 kWh d(-1) compared with -937 kWh d(-1) in the aerobic flowsheet, corresponding to an energy saving of 67%...
- Sensing and analysis of soluble phosphates in environmental samples: a reviewChristopher Warwick
Cranfield Water Sciences Institute, School of Applied Sciences, Cranfield University, Cranfield, MK43 0AL, UK
Biosens Bioelectron 41:1-11. 2013..A sensor that could directly measure soluble, inorganic phosphate concentrations would draw significant interest from the environment sector and other disciplines, including the agricultural, detergent and bio-medical industries...
- Fate of alkylphenolic compounds during activated sludge treatment: impact of loading and organic compositionEwan J McAdam
Centre for Water Science, Cranfield University, Bedfordshire, MK43 0AL, UK
Environ Sci Technol 45:248-54. 2011....
- Preliminary evaluation of new polymer matrix for solid-phase extraction of nonylphenol from water samplesAntonio Guerreiro
Cranfield Health, Cranfield University, Silsoe, Bedfordshire MK45 4DT, UK
Anal Chim Acta 612:99-104. 2008..The polymer capacity for nonylphenol was 231 mg g(-1) for blank and 228 mg g(-1) for MIP. The synthesised materials can have significance for sample pre-concentration and environmental analysis of this class of compounds...