Affiliation: Cranfield University
- Quantitative assessment of skin layers absorption and skin reflectance spectra simulation in the visible and near-infrared spectral regionsIgor V Meglinski
School of Engineering, Cranfield University, Cranfield, MK43 0AL, UK
Physiol Meas 23:741-53. 2002..We demonstrate that when the model is supplied with reasonable physical and structural parameters of skin, the results of the simulation agree reasonably well with the results of in vivo measurements of skin spectra...
- Computer simulation of the skin reflectance spectraI V Meglinski
School of Engineering, Cranfield University, Cranfield MK43 0AL, UK
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 70:179-86. 2003..The simulation of the skin tissues optical properties and skin reflectance spectra are discussed. Comparison of the results of simulation and in vivo experimental results are given...
- Simulation of polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography images by a Monte Carlo methodIgor Meglinski
Cranfield Health, Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK
Opt Lett 33:1581-3. 2008..The performances of the developed method are demonstrated both for conventional and polarization-sensitive OCT modalities...
- Influence of refractive index matching on the photon diffuse reflectanceD Y Churmakov
School of Engineering, University of Cranfield, Cranfield, MK43 0AL, UK
Phys Med Biol 47:4271-85. 2002..The results of simulation of the spatially resolved diffuse reflectance agree well with the results predicted by the diffusion approximation and the experimental results reported earlier...
- Amending of fluorescence sensor signal localization in human skin by matching of the refractive indexDmitry Y Churmakov
Cranfield University, School of Engineering, Cranfield MK43 0AL, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 9:339-46. 2004..We demonstrate that matching the refractive indices of the ambient medium and topical skin layer improves spatial localization of the detected fluorescence signal within the tissues...