Affiliation: Cranfield University
- Garcia J, Davies S, Villa R, Gomes D, Coulon F, Wagland S. Compositional analysis of excavated landfill samples and the determination of residual biogas potential of the organic fraction. Waste Manag. 2016;55:336-44 pubmed publisher..This finding positions the EHT as a quick assessing method for the biodegradability of waste samples in future sample regimes. ..
- Frank R, Davies S, Wagland S, Villa R, Trois C, Coulon F. Evaluating leachate recirculation with cellulase addition to enhance waste biostabilisation and landfill gas production. Waste Manag. 2016;55:61-70 pubmed publisher..1million on a 5Mt mixed waste landfill. ..
- Frank R, Cipullo S, Garcia J, Davies S, Wagland S, Villa R, et al. Compositional and physicochemical changes in waste materials and biogas production across 7 landfill sites in UK. Waste Manag. 2017;63:11-17 pubmed publisher..Outcomes of this work can be used to inform waste degradation and methane enhancement strategies for improving recovery of methane from landfills. ..
- Douglas R, Nawar S, Alamar M, Mouazen A, Coulon F. Rapid prediction of total petroleum hydrocarbons concentration in contaminated soil using vis-NIR spectroscopy and regression techniques. Sci Total Environ. 2018;616-617:147-155 pubmed publisher..It is recommended to adopt the vis-NIRS coupled with RF modelling approach as a portable and cost effective method for the rapid quantification of TPH in soils. ..
- Eduok S, Hendry C, Ferguson R, Martin B, Villa R, Jefferson B, et al. Insights into the effect of mixed engineered nanoparticles on activated sludge performance. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015;91: pubmed publisher..Competitive growth advantage of the nano-tolerant species influenced the removal processes and unlike other xenobiotic compounds, ENPs can hasten the natural selection of microbial species in AS. ..