- Routine positron emission tomography and positron emission tomography/computed tomography in melanoma staging with positive sentinel node biopsy is of limited benefitAnastasia Constantinidou
Melanoma Unit, Guy s and St Thomas Foundation NHS Trust, London, UK
Melanoma Res 18:56-60. 2008..It is questionable whether any imaging is beneficial at this stage. The results of this review suggest that PET scanning might not be indicated for this group of patients...
- Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin, an effective, well-tolerated treatment for refractory aggressive fibromatosisAnastasia Constantinidou
Sarcoma Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Rd, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Eur J Cancer 45:2930-4. 2009..Recent reports indicate that pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) is effective...
- Informational needs of patients with melanoma and their views on the utility of investigative testsA Constantinidou
Melanoma Group, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London SW156NP, UK
Int J Clin Pract 63:1595-600. 2009..The aim of the study was to identify the informational needs of patients with melanoma on disease status and prognosis, and to ascertain their views on the utility of positron emission tomography (PET) and sentinel node biopsy (SNB)...
- Role of palliative chemotherapy in advanced epithelioid sarcomaRobin L Jones
Sarcoma Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Am J Clin Oncol 35:351-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the response rate and progression-free survival in a series of epithelioid sarcoma patients treated with chemotherapy at a single referral center...
- Advanced aggressive fibromatosis: Effective palliation with chemotherapyAnastasia Constantinidou
Sarcoma Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Acta Oncol 50:455-61. 2011..Aggressive fibromatosis (AF) is a locally invasive proliferative disease. The mainstay of treatment is surgery. Chemotherapy may be considered in inoperable AF following failure of hormonal therapy and/or NSAIDs...
- Chemotherapy in clear cell sarcomaRobin L Jones
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Med Oncol 28:859-63. 2011..These data provide a reference for response and outcome in the assessment of novel agents in this histological subtype...
- Is there a case for anti-HER2 therapy without chemotherapy in early breast cancer?Anastasia Constantinidou
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London UK and Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Breast 20:S158-61. 2011..Meanwhile there is already enough circumstantial evidence to justify anti-HER2 therapy alone in selected patients for whom chemotherapy is contraindicated...
- Assessing response to chemotherapy in metastatic melanoma with FDG PET: Early experienceMichael S Hofman
PET Imaging Centre at St Thomas, Guy s and St Thomas Foundation NHS Trust, and King s College, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 28:902-6. 2007..This study evaluates our early experience in the use of FDG PET-CT in the assessment of early response to chemotherapy in metastatic melanoma...
- Beyond triple-negative breast cancer: the need to define new subtypesAnastasia Constantinidou
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:1197-213. 2010..Understanding the molecular underpinning of distinct subgroups of these cancers is crucial for the identification of novel therapeutic targets and individualization of treatment for patients with triple-negative disease...
- The evolution of systemic therapy in sarcomaAnastasia Constantinidou
The Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 13:211-23. 2013..Some histological subtypes are resistant to conventional chemotherapy and patients with these diseases should be offered participation in early phase clinical trials of novel drugs...