- Multicentric carpal-tarsal osteolysis with nephropathy treated successfully with cyclosporine A: a case report and literature reviewAndrew Connor
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Otago School of Medicine, Dunedin, New Zealand
Am J Kidney Dis 50:649-54. 2007..We report the first case in which early and sequential renal biopsies were performed. These show the renal lesion to be focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis, which was treated successfully with cyclosporine A...
- Mosaicism in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease revealed by genetic testing to enable living related renal transplantationA Connor
Richard Bright Renal Unit, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
Am J Transplant 8:232-7. 2008..We report a case which highlights these difficulties and, by discovery of mosaicism for a new mutation, illustrates the role of clinical and molecular genetic resources in assessing young related kidney donors for patients with ADPKD...
- STIR MRI to direct muscle biopsy in suspected idiopathic inflammatory myopathyAndrew Connor
Department of Medicine, University of Otago School of Medicine, Dunedin Public Hospital, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Clin Rheumatol 13:341-5. 2007..We report 2 cases illustrating the advantages of whole-body short tau inversion recovery magnetic resonance imaging before muscle biopsy. We encourage clinicians to use the technique in this context...
- A string of beadsAndrew Connor
Richard Bright Academic Renal Unit, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, United Kingdom
Am J Med 121:580-2. 2008
- Acute phosphate nephropathy after sodium phosphate preparationsAndrew Connor
Department of Renal Medicine, Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester DT1 2JY
BMJ 337:a182. 2008
- Novel therapeutic agents and strategies for the management of chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorderA Connor
Department of Renal Medicine, Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, UK
Postgrad Med J 85:274-9. 2009....
- Addison's disease presenting with acute kidney injuryAndrew Connor
Department of Renal Medicine, Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester
Clin Med 10:515-6. 2010..This lesson describes a case of Addison's disease presenting with acute kidney injury. The condition is briefly reviewed and a number of learning points are highlighted for clinicians encountering similar presentations...
- Consensus guidelines for the safe prescription and administration of oral bowel-cleansing agentsAndrew Connor
Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, UK
Gut 61:1525-32. 2012..The recommendations cover the choice, administration and complications (relative and absolute) of the different oral bowel-cleansing agents, with specific guidance provided for different patient groups...
- Radiological and electrocardiographic changes following thrombolysis for acute pulmonary embolism with haemodynamic compromiseAndrew Connor
Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
Resuscitation 68:315-7. 2006